3 ingredient pineapple dump cake is an easy and delicious dessert that can be made with just 3 ingredients – pineapple tidbits, yellow cake mix, and melted butter. This recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a quick and simple dessert that is still full of flavor.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
3 ingredient pineapple dump cake is an exceedingly easy recipe that anyone can follow with great results. All you need is a can of pineapple tidbits, a box of yellow or white cake mix, and some melted butter. Simply combine the ingredients in a bowl, pour into an 8×10 baking dish, and bake at 350 degrees for about 60 minutes.
The result is a moist and flavorful cake that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you are looking for a quick dessert to whip up for family movie night or need a potluck-friendly dish to take to a summer barbecue, 3 ingredient pineapple dump cake is sure to please. Best of all, this recipe can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to 7 days, so you can enjoy it all week long.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Looking for an easy and delicious dessert recipe? Look no further than this 3-ingredient pineapple dump cake! This simple yet irresistible cake only requires a few minutes of prep time, and it is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Best of all, this recipe can be easily scaled up or down to accommodate any size crowd. Here are a few more reasons why you’ll love this recipe:
- It’s budget-friendly – With just a few inexpensive ingredients, this recipe won’t break the bank.
- It’s easy to make – Even if you’re not an experienced baker, you’ll be able to make this cake with no problem.
- It’s versatile – Don’t like pineapple? Feel free to substitute your favorite fruit instead.
So what are you waiting for? Give this delicious pineapple dump cake a try today!
What Is A Dump Cake?
A dump cake is a type of cake that gets its name from the fact that all of the ingredients are “dumped” into a bowl or baking dish and then baked. This type of cake is usually very easy to make and does not require any special baking skills or equipment.
Dump cakes are typically made with a cake mix, fruit, and butter (or margarine). The cake mix forms the base of the cake, while the fruit adds flavor and moistness. The butter helps to bind the ingredients together and also creates a delicious crust on top of the cake.
There are many different variations of dump cake, but one of the most popular is pineapple dump cake. This recipe calls for just three ingredients – pineapple, cake mix, and butter – and it can be made in just a few minutes. So if you’re looking for an easy and delicious dessert, this is the perfect recipe for you.
What You’ll Need To Make This 3 Ingredient Pineapple Dump Cake
Pineapple tidbits: You’ll need two 20-ounce cans of pineapple tidbits for this recipe. You’ll use the pineapple and the juice for this recipe so don’t drain the pineapple tidbits. If you can’t find pineapple tidbits, you can also use crushed pineapple or pineapple rings cut into small pieces.
Cake mix: You’ll need one box of yellow or white cake mix for this recipe. I usually use Pilsbury but you can use any brand you like.
Butter: You’ll need ¾ cup of butter for this recipe. The best way to ensure that your cake turns out moist and flavorful is to use real butter, not margarine.
Making this 3 ingredient pineapple dump cake is so easy! Simply follow these step-by-step instructions and you’ll have a delicious cake in no time.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Pour the pineapple tidbits and juice into an 8×10 baking dish.
Step 3: Sprinkle the cake mix over the top of the pineapple and spread it out evenly.
Step 4: Pour the melted butter over the top of the cake mix, making sure that there are no dry spots remaining. If needed, spread the butter with a spoon or spatula to cover the cake mix.
Step 5: Bake for 60 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and cooked through.
Step 6: Let the cake cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve warm or cold, with or without ice cream. Enjoy!
Recipe Tips And Tricks
- Don’t have an 8×10 baking dish? No problem! You can also use an 8×8 square pan, a 9×13 pan, or a 11×13 pan. A smaller pan will make your cake thicker, and a larger pan will make it thinner.
- You can use any type of cake mix you like for this recipe. If you want a little extra flavor, try using a spice cake mix.
- If you want a moist and flavorful cake, be sure to use real butter, not margarine.
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
- This 3 ingredient pineapple dump cake is delicious on its own, but it’s even better when served with a scoop of vanilla or coconut ice cream or whipped cream. If you’re feeling extra indulgent, top your cake with a drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce.
- If you don’t like pineapple, feel free to substitute your favorite fruit instead. Some good options include apples, blueberries, cherries, or peaches. Just be sure to use a fruit that is canned in juice, not syrup.
- Looking for a little extra flavor? Try adding a teaspoon of vanilla extract or almond extract to the cake mix before you sprinkle it over the pineapple.
- For a fun and festive twist, try adding a cup of chopped maraschino cherries to the cake before baking.
How To Store Leftovers
This cake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
If you want to keep your cake fresh for even longer, you can freeze it for up to 3 months. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container for freezing.
When you’re ready to enjoy your frozen cake, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and then let it come to room temperature before serving.
Whether you’re looking for an easy summer dessert or a fun and festive cake to make for a special occasion, this 3 ingredient pineapple dump cake is sure to hit the spot!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do you know when a dump cake is done?
A: A dump cake is done when the cake is golden brown and cooked through. You can test the doneness of your cake by inserting a toothpick or cake tester into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, your cake is done.
Q: Why don’t you mix this dump cake?
A: You don’t want to mix the ingredients together for this dump cake because you want the cake and butter to stay on the top to form a nice crust as it bakes.
Q: What type of cake mix should I use?
A: You can really use any type of cake mix that you like for this recipe. If you want a little extra flavor, try using a spice cake mix.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
Staub Ceramic Baking Dish: This is my favorite baking dish. It’s the perfect size for this recipe and it looks beautiful when it’s baked.
Glass Mixing Bowls: These glass mixing bowls are super versatile. You can use them for mixing, storing, and serving.
Fayomir Cookie Scoop Set: The largest scoop in this set is great for serving ice cream to go with your pineapple dump cake.
3 Ingredient Pineapple Dump Cake
- 40 ounces pineapple tidbits
- 15.25 ounce box yellow cake mix
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the pineapple tidbits and juice into an 8×10 baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the top of the pineapple and spread it out evenly.
- Pour the melted butter over the top of the cake mix, making sure that there are no dry spots remaining. If needed, spread the butter with a spoon or spatula to cover the cake mix.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and cooked through.
- Let the cake cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve warm or cold, with or without ice cream. Enjoy!