Orange fluff salad with jello is a delicious sweet and tangy dessert that has been pleasing taste buds for decades. This orange-y delight combines the sweetness of orange Jell-O, vanilla pudding, Cool Whip, and marshmallows for an irresistible treat. It's easy to make too, as all you have to do is combine the ingredients and refrigerate until set. The result is a fluffy, creamy salad that's perfect for any occasion.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
Orange fluff salad with jello is a deliciously light and dreamy dessert made with just six simple ingredients. This cool and refreshing salad consists of orange gelatin, canned mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple, marshmallows, vanilla pudding, and cool whip.
A blissful burst of sweet citrus flavors and creamy textures combine together to create a classic dish that everyone will enjoy! So grab your ingredients and get ready to assemble this amazing treat – you'll be glad you did!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Orange fluff salad is the sweet and tangy treat you didn't know you were missing! With a combination of creamy, dreamy jello, cool whip, and fluffy marshmallows, this recipe is sure to be a hit. I think you'll love this dessert and here are a few reasons why:
- Its unique combination of flavors makes it one of a kind and its vibrant orange color is sure to brighten up any table.
- With only six ingredients, this dish is simple to make and comes together in no time at all.
- It's a great make-ahead dish that you can prepare in advance and refrigerate until ready to serve.
If you're looking for an easy yet flavorful dessert to impress your guests, you won't be disappointed with orange fluff salad with jello!
What You’ll Need To Make Orange Fluff Salad
Orange Jell-O: This is the base of your orange fluff salad and gives it its signature orange flavor.
Vanilla pudding mix: Pudding mix helps to add a creamy consistency to the salad while also helping it set up. Make sure that you get instant pudding mix for this recipe, and not the kind that needs to be cooked.
Cool Whip: This is a staple ingredient and adds a light and fluffy texture to the recipe. Make sure that your Cool Whip is fully defrosted before using it in this recipe.
Canned mandarin oranges: These are a key ingredient in making this dish and provide a sweet burst of citrus flavor.
Crushed pineapple: Pineapple adds sweetness, texture, and moisture to the salad.
Mini marshmallows: Mini marshmallows create a light and fluffy texture and add another layer of sweetness to the dish.
Once you have all of your ingredients gathered, you're ready to start assembling your orange fluff salad. Here are the steps:
Step 1: Start by combining your orange jello with 1 cup of hot water in a large bowl. Whisk until the powder has fully dissolved.
Step 2: Once dissolved, add ½ cup of cold water and mix well. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
Step 3: Once the jello has cooled a bit, remove the bowl from the refrigerator and add the vanilla pudding mix. Whisk until combined and refrigerate for another 15-20 minutes.
Step 4: Remove from the refrigerator and fold in the Cool Whip with a silicone spatula, ensuring that it is evenly incorporated.
Step 5: Next, fold in the canned mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple, and mini marshmallows. Stir gently to combine.
Step 6: Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
Tips & Tricks For Making The Best Orange Fluff Salad
This orange fluff salad is one of the easiest dishes you'll ever make, but here are a few extra tips to ensure the best end result:
- Be sure to use a large bowl when combining the ingredients so that there is plenty of room for stirring.
- Drain the liquid from the mandarin oranges and crushed pineapple before adding them to the dish. Adding extra liquid can lead to a runny fluff salad.
- Make sure to mix and fold in the ingredients gently so that the fluffy texture is preserved.
- For extra flavor, you can add a few tablespoons of freshly squeezed orange juice to the mixture.
- For a decorative touch, top with some freshly grated orange zest before serving.
- For added sweetness, you can also top the salad with some extra mini marshmallows.
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
Orange fluff salad is a great side dish or dessert to accompany any meal, but it's especially perfect for potlucks or barbecues. You can serve it as-is or with a side of fresh fruit, whipped cream, or topped with some shredded coconut.
If you're looking to make substitutions, here are a few ideas:
- If you don't have any canned mandarin oranges, you can use canned diced peaches or pineapple instead.
- You can substitute the mini marshmallows for larger ones if desired.
- If you're looking for a lower-sugar option, you can substitute the orange jello and pudding mix with sugar-free options.
- You can swap the vanilla pudding for a cheesecake-flavored pudding mix or white chocolate-flavored pudding mix.
- Add ½ cup of shredded coconut or chopped nuts to the mixture for an extra crunch.
No matter how you make it, this orange fluff salad is sure to be a hit!
How To Store Leftovers
Leftover orange fluff salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Be sure to stir gently before serving so that the fluffy texture isn't disrupted.
I do not recommend freezing orange fluff salad as it will impact the texture of the dish.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can make fluff salad in other flavors such as lemon, pina colada, or strawberry. Simply substitute the orange jello and canned fruit for your desired flavor and follow the same recipe instructions.
Yes, you can use any flavor of pudding mix that suits your tastes. Vanilla is the classic flavor of choice, but you can experiment with flavors like banana, chocolate, pistachio, or cheesecake for a delicious twist. Just make sure that you use instant pudding mix.
Yes, you can use fresh fruit instead of canned if desired. I love the convenience of canned fruit, but fresh is a good option too. Just make sure that you fold in the fruit very gently so that it doesn't get too mushy.
Yes, you can make this orange fluff salad up to 24 hours ahead of time. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. It's best served chilled!
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
Glass Mixing Bowls: These glass mixing bowls are super versatile. You can use them for mixing, storing, and serving.
Dessert Bowls: These pretty glass dessert bowls are perfect for serving individual portions of orange fluff salad.
Balloon Whisk: This stainless steel whisk is great for getting lumps out and ensuring a smooth texture for your orange fluff salad.
Easy Orange Fluff Salad With Jello
- 3 ounces orange Jell-o mix
- 1 cup hot water
- ½ cup cold water
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces Cool Whip defrosted
- 30 ounces canned mandarin oranges drained
- 20 ounces canned crushed pineapple drained
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- Start by combining your orange jello with 1 cup of hot water in a large bowl. Whisk until the powder has fully dissolved.
- Once dissolved, add ½ cup of cold water and mix well. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the jello has cooled a bit, remove the bowl from the refrigerator and add the vanilla pudding mix. Whisk until combined and refrigerate for another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and fold in the Cool Whip with a silicone spatula, ensuring that it is evenly incorporated.
- Next, fold in the canned mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple, and mini marshmallows. Stir gently to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.
Leave a Reply