Lucky Charms treats are a sweet and crunchy dessert made by mixing melted marshmallows and butter with Lucky Charms cereal. The result is a colorful and flavorful treat that is perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth. With its unique combination of marshmallows and cereal, Lucky Charms treats are a fun and playful twist on traditional Rice Krispie treats and are perfect for Saint Patrick's Day or any time!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
Looking for a fun and easy dessert that will delight both kids and adults? Look no further than Lucky Charms treats!
This recipe takes the classic rice krispie treat and gives it a colorful and whimsical twist by incorporating Lucky Charms cereal and marshmallows.
Not only are these treats delicious, but they are also incredibly simple to make, making them the perfect dessert for any occasion.
So grab your mixing bowl and get ready to whip up a batch of Lucky Charms treats that are sure to put a smile on everyone's face!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Looking for a fun and tasty dessert that's sure to bring a smile to your face? Then try out this Lucky Charms treats recipe!
Made with just a few simple ingredients, these treats are easy to make and bursting with the classic flavors of Lucky Charms cereal and marshmallows.
Here are just a few reasons why you'll love this recipe:
- It's a playful and colorful twist on traditional rice krispie treats.
- It's a perfect dessert for kids' parties or family gatherings.
- It requires only a few basic ingredients and minimal prep time.
- It's a fun and delicious way to indulge your sweet tooth!
What You’ll Need To Make Lucky Charms Treats
Unsalted butter: The butter adds richness and flavor to the treats. Salted butter can be used instead, but adjust the salt accordingly.
Salt: The salt balances out the sweetness of the marshmallows and cereal.
Mini marshmallows: The marshmallows serve as the glue that holds the cereal together and provides sweetness and texture. Regular sized marshmallows can be used, but they will need to be chopped up.
Lucky Charms cereal: The cereal adds crunch and flavor to the treats. If you can't find Lucky Charms, you can use a similar cereal, such as Froot Loops or Fruity Pebbles.
Lucky Charms marshmallows (optional): These extra marshmallows add even more color and flavor to the treats.
Sprinkles (optional): The sprinkles add a fun and festive touch to the treats.
Note: The Lucky Charms marshmallows and sprinkles are optional, but they add an extra element of fun and flavor to the treats. If you prefer, you can leave them out or substitute them with your own favorite toppings.
Ready to whip up some delicious and playful Lucky Charms treats? This recipe is perfect for those who want to indulge their sweet tooth while also enjoying a fun and whimsical dessert.
Here's a step-by-step guide to make your own Lucky Charms Treats in no time at all!
Step 1: In a large pot or saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
Step 2: Add the salt and mini marshmallows, stirring until the marshmallows are completely melted and smooth.
Step 3: Remove the pot from the heat and add the Lucky Charms cereal. Stir until the cereal is evenly coated with the marshmallow mixture.
Step 4: If using, add in half the extra Lucky Charms marshmallows and stir to distribute them throughout the mixture.
Step 5: Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish and press down evenly.
Step 6: Sprinkle the top with the remaining Lucky Charms marshmallows and sprinkles for an extra festive touch.
Step 7: Allow the treats to cool and set for about 30 minutes, then cut into squares and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks For Making The Best Lucky Charms Treats
Want to take your Lucky Charms treats to the next level? Here are some tips and tricks to help you make the best possible version of this playful and delicious dessert!
Use fresh marshmallows: Marshmallows can go stale quickly, so make sure to use fresh ones for the best texture and flavor.
Don't overheat the marshmallow mixture: Overheating the mixture can cause the marshmallows to become tough and rubbery, so be sure to stir frequently and remove the mixture from the heat as soon as the marshmallows are melted.
Work quickly: Once you add the cereal to the marshmallow mixture, it will start to set quickly, so work as efficiently as possible to evenly coat the cereal.
Press the mixture firmly into the pan: Use a spatula or the back of a spoon to firmly press the mixture into the pan. This will help the treats hold their shape and stay together.
Add extra marshmallows or sprinkles for extra fun: If you really want to take your Lucky Charms treats to the next level, add extra Lucky Charms marshmallows or sprinkles to the mixture or sprinkle them on top for an extra pop of color and flavor.
Cut the treats with a greased knife: To prevent the treats from sticking to the knife, grease it lightly with cooking spray or butter before cutting.
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
Here are some fun and delicious ways to serve these Lucky Charms cereal bars, whether you're looking for a sweet snack, a dessert to share with friends, or a playful addition to a party or gathering:
- Cut them into bite-sized pieces and serve them on a platter at a party or gathering.
- Pack them in a lunchbox as a sweet treat.
- Serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra decadent dessert.
Don't have all the ingredients you need to make Lucky Charms Treats? No worries! Here are some possible substitutions for the necessary ingredients so you can still enjoy this fun and tasty treat:
- Salted butter instead of unsalted butter, adjusting the amount of added salt accordingly.
- Miniature marshmallows can be replaced with regular sized marshmallows, chopped into small pieces.
- Lucky Charms cereal can be substituted with any colorful cereal, such as Froot Loops or Trix.
- Lucky Charms marshmallows can be omitted if not available, or substituted with mini marshmallows.
- Sprinkles can be replaced with other toppings such as chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or M&M's.
How To Store Leftovers
To store leftover Lucky Charms Treats, place them in an airtight container or zip-top bag and keep them at room temperature for up to 3 days.
For longer storage, you can store them in the fridge for up to a week. Just be sure to bring them to room temperature before serving to ensure they're soft and chewy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use salted butter instead of unsalted butter, but you may want to reduce or omit the added salt in the recipe.
Yes, you can use other colorful cereal, such as Froot Loops, Trix, or any other cereal of your choice.
Yes, you can melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave instead of on a stovetop. Simply place the butter and marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Then, stir in the Lucky Charms cereal and proceed with the recipe as usual.
Yes, you can add other ingredients to the recipe, but be mindful of the amount you add so as not to overpower the taste of the Lucky Charms. Chocolate chips or nuts can be added in moderation, but be careful not to add too much as it may alter the texture of the treats.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
Wilton Large Baking Pan: This large baking pan by Wilton is perfect for making mini egg rice krispie treats. The tall sides will help you form the rice krispie treats into a nice shape, while the handles on the pan make it easy to move around.
Silicone Spatula: These colorful silicone spatulas are great for making rice krispie treats because they are flexible and heat-resistant, making it easy to stir and scrape the mixture from the pan without damaging it or sticking to the spatula.
Glass Mixing Bowls: These glass mixing bowls are super versatile. You can use them for mixing, storing, serving, and portioning out ingredients.
Lucky Charms Treats
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 10 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- ½ cup Lucky Charms marshmallows
- In a large pot or saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the salt and mini marshmallows, stirring until the marshmallows are completely melted and smooth.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the Lucky Charms cereal. Stir until the cereal is evenly coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- If using, add in half the extra Lucky Charms marshmallows and stir to distribute them throughout the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish and press down evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining Lucky Charms marshmallows and sprinkles for an extra festive touch.
- Allow the treats to cool and set for about 30 minutes, then cut into squares and enjoy!
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.