This BBQ ranch dressing recipe is the perfect blend of two classic flavors. The rich, smoky taste of BBQ sauce pairs perfectly with the creamy, tangy flavor of ranch dressing. This dressing is sure to be a hit at your next BBQ or potluck. This dressing can be served with salads, chicken wings, or as a dip for chips or veggies. Get creative and have fun with it!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
This BBQ ranch dressing recipe is the perfect combination of bold and creamy flavors. The BBQ sauce adds a smoky depth of flavor, while the ranch dressing keeps things cool and refreshing. Whether you're looking for a new salad dressing or a dipping sauce for your next BBQ, this BBQ ranch dressing is sure to please. Best of all, it only takes a few minutes to whip up. So, what are you waiting for? Give this BBQ ranch dressing a try today!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This is the perfect BBQ ranch dressing recipe for anyone who loves the taste of BBQ sauce but also enjoys a creamy ranch dressing. The best part about this recipe is that it only takes a few minutes to whip up, and it can be easily tailored to your own personal taste preferences. Here are just a few reasons why you'll love this BBQ ranch dressing recipe:
- The combination of BBQ sauce and ranch dressing is simply irresistible.
- It's perfect for dunking veggies, french fries, wings, or anything else you might be craving.
- You can easily make it as spicy or as mild as you like by adjusting the amount of hot sauce you add (if any).
- It's a great way to use up any leftover BBQ sauce that you might have hanging around.
So what are you waiting for? Give this delicious BBQ ranch dressing recipe a try today!
What You’ll Need To Make This BBQ Ranch Dressing Recipe
- BBQ sauce: You can use your favorite BBQ sauce for this recipe. I like to use a smoky, mesquite-flavored BBQ sauce.
- Ranch seasoning: You can use a store-bought ranch seasoning mix, or you can make your own. I like the ranch seasoning from Trader Joe's for this recipe, but Hidden Valley is another great option.
- Buttermilk: This helps to thin out the dressing and give it a creamy texture. You can use store-bought buttermilk or make your own with a combination of milk and vinegar or lemon juice. Just add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to ⅓ cup of milk and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Mayonnaise: This gives the dressing a rich, creamy texture. You can use store-bought mayo or make your own. I used vegan mayonnaise for this recipe, but you can use any kind that you like.
- Sour cream: This also helps to give the dressing a smooth, creamy texture. You can use full-fat or low-fat sour cream, whichever you prefer.
- Hot sauce: This is optional, but it adds a nice bit of heat to the dressing. I did not use hot sauce in this recipe but feel free to add it to suit your personal taste.
Making this BBQ ranch dressing is quick and easy! Just follow these simple step-by-step instructions and you'll have a delicious dressing in no time.
Step 1: Start by whisking together the BBQ sauce, ranch seasoning, buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, and hot sauce (if using) in a large bowl.
Step 2: Taste the dressing and adjust the seasonings to your liking. I usually add a little extra ranch seasoning, but it's up to you.
Step 3: Serve the dressing with your favorite salad, veggies, or as a dipping sauce. Enjoy!
How To Make Homemade Ranch Seasoning
If you don't have store-bought ranch seasoning, it's easy to whip up a batch of homemade ranch seasoning. Just mix together the following ingredients and you're good to go:
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Store your homemade ranch seasoning in an airtight container and it will last for several months.
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
This BBQ ranch dressing is delicious as is, but feel free to get creative and mix things up! Here are a few ideas for serving suggestions and substitutions:
- Add some chopped fresh herbs: This would be delicious with some chopped chives, parsley, or dill.
- Make it a BBQ ranch chicken salad: Just add some chopped cooked chicken to your favorite salad and top with this dressing.
- Use it as a dipping sauce: This dressing is perfect for dipping veggies, french fries, or chicken wings.
- Try a different BBQ sauce: If you're not a fan of mesquite-flavored BBQ sauce, feel free to use your favorite.
- Make it vegan: To make this dressing vegan, just substitute the buttermilk for almond milk and use vegan mayonnaise.
- Make it gluten-free: To make this dressing gluten-free, just use a gluten-free BBQ sauce.
How To Store Leftovers
Any leftover dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. This dressing also freezes well. Just place it in a freezer-safe container and it will keep for up to 3 months. When you're ready to use it, just thaw it overnight in the fridge and give it a good stir before using.
If freezing this BBQ ranch dressing, it's a good idea to freeze it in individual ice cubes and then transfer the cubes to a Ziploc bag once frozen. This will make it easy to thaw only the amount that you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What can I use in place of ranch dressing mix?
A: If you don't have ranch dressing mix, you can make your own with the ranch seasoning recipe listed above.
Q: Can I use a different type of milk to make buttermilk?
A: Yes, you can use any type of milk that you like. I usually use almond milk, but soy milk or oat milk would work well too.
Q: Can I make this dressing ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make this dressing ahead of time. Just store it in an airtight container in the fridge and it will keep for up to 1 week.
Q: Is this BBQ ranch dressing vegan?
A: This dressing can be made vegan by substituting the buttermilk for almond milk and using vegan mayonnaise.
Q: Is this BBQ ranch dressing gluten-free?
A: This dressing can be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free BBQ sauce.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
Ball 8oz Quilted Crystal Jelly Jars: These jars are oh so pretty. They’re also the perfect size for storing a batch of BBQ ranch dressing.
Glass Mixing Bowls: These glass mixing bowls are super versatile. You can use them for mixing, storing, and serving. In this recipe, you can use one of the larger bowls to mix the ingredients together to make the BBQ ranch dressing recipe and then use one of the smaller bowls to serve it.
Wire Whisk: A good wire whisk is a kitchen essential. You’ll need it to mix the dressing ingredients together until they’re smooth and creamy.
More Recipes You Might Like
BBQ Ranch Dressing
- ⅓ cup BBQ sauce
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix
- Start by whisking together the BBQ sauce, ranch seasoning, buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, and hot sauce (if using) in a large bowl.
- Taste the dressing and adjust the seasonings to your liking. I usually add a little extra ranch seasoning, but it's up to you.
- Serve the dressing with your favorite salad, veggies, or as a dipping sauce. Enjoy!
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.