These 3 ingredient mini apple pies are the perfect sweet treat for any occasion! Crumbly, buttery pie crust is filled with juicy apple pie filling and a touch of vanilla. With just three simple ingredients, these mini pies are easy to make in no time at all. Enjoy the sweet aroma of baked apple pies as they warm your kitchen - each bite bursts with flavor and is sure to please any sweet tooth!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
Are you looking to wow your friends, family, and taste buds with an unforgettable and super simple dessert? Look no further than these delicious 3 Ingredient mini apple pies!
These miniature treats are sweet, tart, and full of flavor. They just require a few ingredients that you may even have in your kitchen right now. All the prep work is done in no time at all, giving you plenty of time to chill out while they bake.
Serve these beautiful pies warm at your next gathering and be prepared for a bunch of compliments and utter enjoyment!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Who doesn't love a delicious dessert? Mini apple pies are an irresistibly tasty treat that make for the perfect after-dinner snack or lunch box surprise! With this easy 3 ingredient recipe, you'll have the perfect infusion of crunchy crust and sweet apples in no time. Here are just a few reasons why everyone will love this delicious mini apple pie recipe:
- It's fast and simple - minimal prep and clean up required.
- It requires only three ingredients; plus, you can customize your pies with different flavors of ice cream.
- It's a great way to use up any leftover pie crust or apple pie filling.
Get ready to make some tasty treats with this scrumptious mini apple pie recipe!
What You’ll Need To Make To Make 3 Ingredient Mini Apple Pies
Pie crust: Store bought or homemade, it's up to you! To make this recipe super quick and simple, I like to use Pilsbury mini pie crusts.
Apple pie filling: Pre-made apple pie filling is another great way to ensure this recipe is quick and simple to make. If you prefer, you can make your apple pie filling from scratch.
Vanilla extract: A few drops of your favorite vanilla extract will add an extra layer of yumminess to these pies!
Once you have all your ingredients gathered, it's time to get baking! Here's how you can make these 3 Ingredient mini apple pies in no time:
Step 1: Set the pie crusts on the counter and allow them to come to room temperature.
Step 2: Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celcius).
Step 3: Combine the apple pie filling and the vanilla extract in a bowl. If the apple pie pieces are too large for the mini pie crust, you can use kitchen scissors to chop them into smaller pieces.
Step 4: Separate the mini pie crusts.
Step 5: Place a single pie crust into each well of your muffin pan and press the crust firmly against the side and bottom of the well.
Step 6: Fill each crust with approximately 2 tablespoons of apple pie filling.
Step 7: Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the pie crusts are golden brown.
Step 8: Allow the pies to cool in the muffin pan for 10 minutes then transfer the pies to a wire rack.
Step 9: Serve with whipped cream, ice-cream, and a sprinkle of cinnamon for the perfect finish!
Tips & Tricks For Making The Perfect Mini Apple Pies
- If you're worried about your pies having a soggy bottom you can blind-bake the crusts for 10 minutes before adding your apple pie filling. Make sure you use pie weights to prevent the crusts from bubbling up and reduce the cooking time once you add the filling to 10-12 minutes.
- For extra flair, you can top the pies with a few strips of pie crust before baking. This will give your pies an attractive lattice top and make them look even more delicious!
- If you’re looking for a little more sweetness, you can add a tablespoon of sugar to the apple pie filling before baking or sprinkle some raw sugar on top of each pie.
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
These mini apple pies are delicious served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of freshly whipped cream. You can also enjoy them cold with a glass of cold milk.
If you prefer a different crust, you can use puff pastry or shortcrust pastry instead of pie crust.
You can also use different types of apple pie filling for this recipe such as blueberry or cherry.
If you don't have any vanilla extract, you can substitute it with almond or hazelnut extract or simply omit it.
And if you want to take your pies to the next level, you can drizzle a bit of caramel sauce on top. Yum!
How To Store Leftovers
Leftover mini apple pies can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat, simply place the pies in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes or microwave them for 30-second intervals until they reach your desired temperature.
You can also freeze the pies for up to 3 months. To freeze, wrap each pie individually in plastic wrap and store them in a freezer-safe container or bag. To thaw, place the pies in the refrigerator overnight or until they are completely defrosted. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
When using apple pie filling to make mini pies, I find that it’s not necessary to blind-bake the crust as the filling isn't very watery so it doesn't make the crust soggy. However, if you’re using a different type of filling such as blueberry or cherry, then it’s best to blind-bake the crust for 10 minutes before you add your filling.
Yes! You can prepare the pies ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze them for up to 3 months. Be sure to thaw the pies overnight in the refrigerator before baking.
Yes! If you prefer not to use pre-made pie crusts, you can use a homemade pie crust instead. Simply roll out the dough and cut it into 4-inch circles then fill and bake as directed.
These pies can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days, but it’s best to store them in the refrigerator.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
USA Pan Bakeware Muffin Pan: This 12-cavity muffin pan is perfect for making mini apple pies. It’s made with heavy gauge aluminum and has a non-stick coating for easy release.
Large Cookie Scoop: A cookie scoop is the perfect tool for portioning out the apple pie filling to make sure you have an even amount in each pie. I like the 2-tablespoon scoop from this three-scoop set because it’s the perfect size for these mini pies.
Glass Mixing Bowls: These glass mixing bowls are super versatile. You can use them for mixing, storing, and serving. In this recipe, they can be used for mixing the apple pie filling with the vanilla extract.
3 Ingredient Mini Apple Pies
- 1 package Pilsbury mini pie crusts
- 21 ounces apple pie filling
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Set the pie crusts on the counter and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius).
- Combine the apple pie filling and the vanilla extract in a bowl. If the apple pie pieces are too large for the mini pie crust, you can use kitchen scissors to chop them into smaller pieces.
- Separate the mini pie crusts.
- Place a single pie crust into each well of your muffin pan and press the crust firmly against the side and bottom of the well.
- Fill each crust with approximately 2 tablespoons of apple pie filling.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the pie crusts are golden brown.
- Allow the pies to cool in the muffin pan for 10 minutes then transfer the pies to a wire rack.
- Serve with whipped cream, ice-cream, and a sprinkle of cinnamon for the perfect finish!
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.
Leave a Reply