This air fryer pork tenderloin is quick, easy, and delicious. With only three ingredients, it'll be on the table in no time - perfect for busy weeknights when you want a delicious and healthy meal that comes together quickly. Serve it with your favorite sides for a complete meal.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
This air fryer pork tenderloin recipe is a quick and easy way to get a delicious meal on the table. The pork is rubbed with a blend of brown sugar and butt rub seasoning, then cooked in the air fryer until it is juicy and tender.
This recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner, but it would also be great for entertaining. Serve the pork sliced and served with a side of roasted potatoes or a green salad.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Looking for a delicious and healthy recipe to make in your air fryer? This pork tenderloin recipe is a great option! Here are a few reasons why you'll love it:
- It's easy to prepare, with just a few simple ingredients.
- It's a healthier option since it's cooked in an air fryer, but it's also tender and deliciously juicy.
- It's a versatile dish that can be served with a variety of side dishes.
- It's sure to please everyone at the table!
So why not give this air fryer pork tenderloin recipe a try? You'll be glad you did!
What You’ll Need To Make Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
Pork tenderloin: I like to use pork tenderloin for this recipe because it's lean and tender. However, you could also use pork loin or pork chops.
Butt rub seasoning: Bad Byron's Butt Rub is my go-to spice blend for pork tenderloin. It's a combination of salt, black pepper, granulated onion, granulated garlic, paprika, chipotle powder. You can find it at most grocery stores, or you can make your own.
Brown sugar: Just a little bit of brown sugar helps to balance out the spices in the butt rub and gives the pork a nice caramelized flavor when it's cooked.
Avocado oil: A little bit of oil helps to keep the pork tenderloin moist as it cooks. You could also use olive oil or any other neutral cooking oil if you prefer.
Here's a quick overview of the steps involved in this recipe:
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Trim any excess fat and silver skin from the pork tenderloin and rub it with avocado oil.
Step 3: Mix the brown sugar and butt rub seasoning together in a small bowl.
Step 4: Rub the spice blend all over the pork tenderloin.
Step 5: Allow the seasoned tenderloin to rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to 2 hours so that flavors from the seasoning have time to work their magic.
Step 6: Place the pork in the air fryer and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches between 145 and 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 7: Remove the pork from the air fryer and allow it to rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing and serving.
That's all there is to it! As you can see, this recipe is super simple to make. Just mix together the spices, rub them on the pork, and cook it in the air fryer. Easy peasy!
Recipe Tips And Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the best air fryer pork tenderloin:
- You can prepare the pork ahead of time by rubbing it with the spice blend and letting it sit in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours. This gives the flavors time to develop and makes it even more delicious!
- If you don't have time to let the pork sit, that's okay. Just cook it as directed and it will still be delicious.
- Be sure to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the pork. Pork tenderloin is best cooked to an internal temperature of 145-160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let the pork rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing and serving. This allows the juices to redistribute and makes it easier to slice.
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
There are so many delicious ways to serve air fryer pork tenderloin! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Sliced and served with roasted potatoes and a green salad.
- Shredded and used in tacos or burritos.
- Sliced and served over a bed of rice or quinoa.
- Paired with roasted vegetables and a side of fruit.
The sky's the limit when it comes to serving air fryer pork tenderloin! Get creative and come up with your own unique combinations.
While this easy air fryer pork tenderloin is perfect as-is, here are a few substitutions that you can make:
- Use pork loin or pork chops instead of pork tenderloin. If you're not feeling like pork, you can always give this Air Fryer New York Strip Steak a try.
- If you don't have butt rub seasoning, you can use your favorite pork seasoning blend. Just be sure to adjust the amount of salt you use since most pork seasonings contain salt.
- You can also substitute the brown sugar for honey or maple syrup, but if you do this, reduce the amount of oil or the seasoning will run off the meat.
- If you don't have avocado oil, you can use olive oil or another cooking oil of your choice.
How To Store Leftovers
Leftover air fryer pork tenderloin can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months. Simply place the pork in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in foil or plastic wrap.
When you're ready to enjoy the leftovers, thaw them overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the air fryer, oven, or microwave.
To reheat in the air fryer, thaw the pork if frozen and heat at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for a few minutes until warmed through.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Pork tenderloin is an excellent choice for the air fryer. It's lean and cooks quickly, making it a perfect weeknight dinner option.
Pork tenderloin is best cooked at 400 degrees Fahrenheit in the air fryer to an internal temperature of 145-160 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the pork before serving.
Yes, you can use pork loin or pork chops instead of pork tenderloin in this recipe. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
There are so many delicious ways to serve air fryer pork tenderloin! Try serving it with roasted potatoes and a green salad, shredded in tacos or burritos, sliced and served over a bed of rice or quinoa, or paired with roasted vegetables and a side of fruit.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
GoWISE USA 7-Quart Electric Air Fryer With Dehydrator: This is a great budget-friendly air fryer. It’s large enough to cook a decent-sized pork tenderloin.
Meat Thermometer: This is a necessary kitchen tool that you’ll use time and time again. Use it to check the internal temperature of the pork to be sure it’s cooked through.
Bad Byron's Butt Rub: This is my go-to pork seasoning. It's flavorful without being too spicy. You can find it online or in most grocery stores.
Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- 1½ pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon Bad Byron's Butt Rub seasoning
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Trim any excess fat and silver skin from the pork tenderloin and rub it with avocado oil.
- Mix the brown sugar and butt rub seasoning together in a small bowl.
- Rub the spice blend all over the pork tenderloin.
- Allow the seasoned tenderloin to rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to 2 hours so that flavors from the seasoning have time to work their magic.
- Place the pork in the air fryer and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches between 145 and 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the pork from the air fryer and allow it to rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing and serving.
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.