If you're looking for a festive Christmas bread, look no further than this easy cheesy Christmas tree pull apart bread. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this dish comes together quickly and is sure to please the whole family. The best part is that you can customize it to your liking - add your favorite cheese, herbs, or even some diced ham. So whether you're feeding a crowd or just looking for a special Christmas breakfast, give this Christmas tree pull apart bread a try.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
This easy cheesy Christmas tree pull-apart bread recipe is the perfect holiday appetizer! Made with just a few ingredients, it comes together quickly and is always a hit with guests.
The bread is soft and fluffy, and the cheese is melty and gooey.
Best of all, it's so easy to make! Just follow the simple instructions below. You'll have a beautiful and delicious Christmas tree pull apart bread that will be the hit of your holiday party!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Looking for an easy and impressive holiday appetizer? This cheesy Christmas tree pull apart bread is sure to be a hit! Made with just a few simple ingredients, it's perfect for feeding a crowd. Plus, it's so festive and fun to eat! Here are a few more reasons to love this recipe:
- It's ready in under an hour, including bake time.
- You can use any type of cheese you like - cheddar, mozzarella, or even goat cheese would be delicious.
- The pull apart rolls are made from pre-made biscuit dough, so it's super easy to make.
- This dish is easily customizable - add your favorite herbs, spices, or even some diced ham or pepperoni.
So what are you waiting for? Give this easy recipe a try today!
What You’ll Need To Make Christmas Tree Pull Apart Bread
- Pre-made biscuit dough: This pre-made dough is what makes this recipe so quick and easy. I like to use Pillsbury Grands biscuits, but any brand will work. Look for pre-made biscuit dough in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.
- Cheese: I use a mix of mozzarella string cheese and shredded parmesan cheese in this recipe, but you can use any type of cheese you like. Cheddar cheese, goat cheese, or even cream cheese would be delicious.
- Herbs and spices: I like to keep it simple with dried parsley, dried basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. But you can really use any herbs and spices you like.
- Butter: You'll need some melted butter to brush on the rolls before baking. This helps them brown and get nice and crispy.
- Marinara sauce: This is for dipping, so feel free to use your favorite marinara or even an Alfredo sauce. I love Rao's marinara sauce and that's what I used for this recipe.
Why Use Pre-Made Biscuit Dough For This Recipe?
I love using pre-made biscuit dough for this Christmas tree pull apart bread recipe because it's so quick and easy. And let's be honest, we all need a little help during the holidays!
That being said, you could certainly make your own biscuit dough from scratch if you prefer. But why not save yourself some time and use pre-made dough? It will taste just as good!
Pre-made biscuit dough has the added benefit of creating light and fluffy rolls that are perfectly sized for this dish. So if you're looking for an easy way to make Christmas tree pull apart bread, pre-made biscuit dough is the way to go.
Ready to make this easy cheesy Christmas tree pull apart bread? Just follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Cut each mozzarella string cheese stick into 4 pieces and set aside.
Step 3: In a small bowl, melt the butter then mix in the dried parsley, dried basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Step 4: Separate the biscuit dough into 13-16 pieces and then split each round into two layers by gently peeling the layers apart with your fingers.
Step 5: Place one piece of mozzarella string cheese and about ½ teaspoon of shredded parmesan cheese on each biscuit half.
Step 6: Roll the biscuit dough around the cheese and pinch to seal, then place it seam side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Step 7: Repeat with the remaining biscuit dough and cheese.
Step 8: Brush the tops of the rolls with the melted butter mixture, then bake for 22-24 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 9: Serve with marinara sauce or your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
This cheesy Christmas tree pull apart is delicious as is, but feel free to add your own personal touch! Here are a few ideas:
- Throw in some chopped green onions or diced red peppers for a pop of color.
- For a bit of spice, add some red pepper flakes to the butter mixture.
- If you're short on time, you can use store-bought marinara sauce or even Alfredo sauce for dipping.
- Don't have mozzarella string cheese on hand? You can use any type of cheese you like. Cheddar, goat cheese, cream cheese, or even feta would be delicious.
- Try adding some diced ham, pepperoni, or even crumbled bacon to the cheese for a fun and festive twist.
- Add your favorite herbs and spices to the melted butter mixture for even more flavor.
- If you want a super cheesy pull apart bread, use all shredded cheese instead of the mozzarella string cheese.
- Don't have biscuit dough? Try using frozen bread dough, pizza dough, or even crescent roll dough. Just be sure to thaw it completely before using it.
How To Store Leftovers
Leftover Christmas tree pull apart bread can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Reheat leftovers in the oven or microwave until warmed through.
You can also freeze leftovers for up to 3 months. When you're ready to eat it, this bread can be reheated from frozen. I recommend giving it 30 seconds to 1 minute in the microwave followed by a minute in the air fryer to make sure the cheese is gooey on the inside and the bread is crispy on the outside.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I have to use pre-made biscuit dough?
A: No, you can make your own biscuit dough from scratch if you prefer. But using pre-made dough is definitely the easier route! You could also substitute the biscuit dough for another kind of premade dough, such as pizza dough.
Q: Can I make this ahead of time?
A: You can prepare the pull apart bread through step 7, then cover and refrigerate it for up to 12 hours. When you're ready to bake it, let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour before baking as directed.
Q: What kind of cheese should I use?
A: You can really use any type of cheese you like, but I think mozzarella string cheese or cheddar work best. You could also use goat cheese, cream cheese, or even feta.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
Cuisinart 17-Inch Chef’s Classic Nonstick Bakeware Cookie Sheet: This cookie sheet is the perfect size for making this Christmas tree pull apart bread. It’s nonstick so you can skip the parchment if you don't have it and it’s dishwasher safe too. The best thing about this cookie sheet is that it doesn’t have any edges, so the air can circulate around the bread and help it cook evenly.
Pastry Brush: These silicone pastry brushes are great for applying the butter and herb mixture to this Christmas tree pull apart before baking.
Glass Mixing Bowls: These glass mixing bowls are super versatile. You can use them for mixing, storing, and serving. In this recipe, they can be used for mixing the butter and herb mixture before brushing it onto the Christmas tree pull apart.
More Recipes You Might Like
Easy Cheesy Christmas Tree Pull Apart Bread
- 2 16oz cans pre-made biscuits Pilsbury Grands
- 7 mozarella string cheese sticks
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon butter unsalted
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut each mozzarella string cheese stick into 4 pieces and set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter then mix in the dried parsley, dried basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Separate the biscuit dough into 13-16 pieces and then split each round into two layers by gently peeling the layers apart with your fingers.
- Place one piece of mozzarella string cheese and about ½ teaspoon of shredded parmesan cheese on each biscuit half.
- Roll the biscuit dough around the cheese and pinch to seal, then place it seam side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat with the remaining biscuit dough and cheese.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with the melted butter mixture and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese, then bake for 22-24 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with marinara sauce or your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.
Leave a Reply