These air fryer dinner rolls are the perfect side to any meal! They're made from frozen yeast rolls, so they're super easy to make. And, since they're cooked in the air fryer, they come out nice and crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. Plus, they only take about 5 minutes to cook. Serve them with some butter and honey, and you've got a delicious and easy side dish that everyone will love!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
There's nothing quite like fresh, warm bread straight out of the oven. Whether it's a loaf of crusty sourdough or a batch of fluffy dinner rolls, homemade bread is always a treat. However, baking bread from scratch can be time-consuming and require special ingredients that not everyone has on hand.
Fortunately, there's an easy way to get that fresh-baked taste without all the work: air fryer dinner rolls. Made with just a few simple ingredients, these dinner rolls come together in minutes and are perfectly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
And best of all, they can be made right from frozen, so you can have fresh bread anytime, without any advance planning required. So if you're looking for an easy way to make homemade bread, look no further than your air fryer frozen yeast rolls.
Can You Cook Frozen Yeast Rolls In The Air Fryer?
Absolutely! In fact, cooking frozen yeast rolls in the air fryer is one of the easiest ways to make fresh bread. Unlike oven-baking, which can dry out the rolls and make them tough, the air fryer produces perfectly crispy rolls with a soft and fluffy interior. Plus, since the air fryer circulates hot air around the food, the rolls cook evenly and don't require any flipping or rotating.
And since the air fryer can reach high temperatures quickly, it's the perfect appliance for cooking frozen yeast rolls. In just a few minutes, you can have fresh, hot rolls that are perfect for any occasion.
So if you're looking for an easy way to make fresh bread, cooking frozen yeast rolls in the air fryer is the way to go.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Dinner rolls are a classic side dish that can make any meal feel special. But let's face it, making homemade dinner rolls from scratch can be time-consuming and frustrating. Frozen yeast rolls offer a delicious shortcut, and air frying them gives them a wonderful crispy texture. Here are four reasons why you'll love this recipe:
- The rolls come out of the air fryer crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- You don't have to wait for the dough to rise, so they're quick and easy to make.
- They taste just as good as homemade dinner rolls, but without all the hassle.
- They take less than 5 minutes to cook and you can customize them to suit your preferences.
So next time you're looking for an easy side dish to impress your guests, give this recipe a try. You won't be disappointed!
What You’ll Need To Make Air Fryer Dinner Rolls
- Frozen yeast rolls: You can find these in the frozen section of your grocery store. Look for rolls that are about 3 inches in diameter.
- Butter: You'll need some butter to brush on the rolls before cooking. This will help them brown and get nice and crispy. I prefer to use unsalted butter and then season to taste, but you can use salted butter if you prefer.
- Garlic: I like to add a little garlic to my rolls for extra flavor. You can use fresh garlic or even garlic powder for this recipe.
- Dried basil: This is another optional ingredient that adds a nice flavor to the rolls. You could also use oregano, thyme, or any other dried herbs that you like.
- Salt: I like to use kosher salt, but you can use any type of salt that you have on hand.
Now that you have all the ingredients, let's walk through the steps for making these rolls:
Step 1: Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: While the air fryer is preheating, melt the butter in the microwave.
Step 3: Place the frozen rolls in the air fryer basket and then brush them with about half of the butter. Set aside the remaining butter.
Step 4: Cook the rolls for 3 minutes in the air fryer.
Step 5: While the rolls are cooking, mix the remaining ingredients in with the remaining butter.
Step 6: After 3 minutes, remove the rolls from the air fryer and brush them with the garlic butter mixture.
Step 7: Cook the rolls for an additional 2-3 minutes in the air fryer, or until they're golden brown.
Step 8: Remove from the air fryer and serve warm.
That's it! You now have delicious, fresh-baked rolls that are perfect for any meal.
Recipe Tips And Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the perfect air fryer dinner rolls:
- If your rolls start to brown too quickly, you can lower the temperature of the air fryer. I find that 350 degrees Fahrenheit is the perfect temperature for cooking frozen yeast rolls, but you may need to adjust based on your air fryer.
- You can use any type of dried herbs that you like in this recipe. If you don't have dried basil, oregano, or thyme on hand, feel free to use whatever you have in your pantry.
- If you want to make things even easier, you can use garlic powder instead of fresh garlic. This will save you some time and effort.
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
Here are a few ideas for serving these air fryer dinner rolls:
- Serve them with a side of soup or salad for a complete meal.
- Use them as a sandwich roll and fill them with your favorite deli meats and cheeses.
- Brush them with some additional butter and serve them alongside your favorite pasta dish.
When it comes to substitutions, these air fryer dinner rolls are pretty versatile. Here are a few ideas for substitutions:
- If you don't have any butter on hand, you can substitute olive oil or vegan margarine.
- If you don't have any dried herbs, you can omit them from the recipe.
- If you don't have an air fryer, you can bake these rolls in a regular oven. Just preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until they're golden brown.
How To Store Leftovers
These rolls are best served fresh out of the air fryer. However, if you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container and reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can you heat dinner rolls in an air fryer?
A: Yes, you can heat dinner rolls in an air fryer. Just preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until they're warmed through.
Q: How do you make air fryer dinner rolls?
A: The process for making air fryer dinner rolls is pretty simple. Just preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, melt the butter, brush the rolls with the butter, and cook for 3-5 minutes. Then, mix the remaining ingredients together, brush the rolls with the mixture, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until they're golden brown.
Q: What is the best way to store air fryer dinner rolls?
A: These rolls are best served fresh out of the air fryer. However, if you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container and reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes.
Q: Can you make air fryer dinner rolls without butter?
A: Yes. If you don't have any butter on hand, you can substitute olive oil or vegan margarine.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
GoWISE USA 7-Quart Electric Air Fryer With Dehydrator: This is a great budget-friendly air fryer. It’s large enough to cook a decent-sized batch of air fryer dinner rolls.
Glass Mixing Bowls: These glass mixing bowls are super versatile. You can use them for mixing, storing, and serving. In this recipe, they can be used for mixing the butter and herb mixture before brushing it onto the dinner rolls.
Pastry Brush: These silicone pastry brushes are great for applying the butter and herb mixture to the dinner rolls.
More Recipes You Might Like
Air Fryer Dinner Rolls (From Frozen)
- 10 yeast rolls frozen
- 2 tablespoon butter unsalted
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the air fryer is preheating, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Place the frozen rolls in the air fryer basket and then brush them with about half of the butter. Set aside the remaining butter.
- Cook the rolls for 3 minutes in the air fryer.
- While the rolls are cooking, mix the remaining ingredients in with the remaining butter.
- After 3 minutes, remove the rolls from the air fryer and brush them with the garlic butter mixture.
- Cook the rolls for an additional 2-3 minutes in the air fryer, or until they're golden brown.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve warm.
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.