Cookie dough fudge is a delicious and unique treat that is perfect for any occasion. This rich and creamy fudge is made with real cookie dough, chocolate chips, and a hint of vanilla extract. The cookie dough chunks give the fudge a delightful texture, while the chocolate chips provide a bit of sweetness. The result is a truly indulgent treat that will leave you wanting more.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
This cookie dough fudge recipe is the perfect way to indulge your sweet tooth. The cookie dough is rich and creamy, and the chocolate fudge is smooth and decadent. Plus, it's super easy to make! Simply melt the chocolate, stir in the cookie dough, and let it set. In just a few hours, you'll have a delicious treat that's perfect for sharing with friends and family. Whether you enjoy it as an afternoon snack or after-dinner dessert, cookie dough fudge is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. So go ahead and give this recipe a try - you won't be disappointed!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This cookie dough fudge recipe is the perfect blend of rich chocolate and sweet cookie dough. It's perfect for a special treat or a holiday gift. Here are three reasons why you'll love this cookie dough fudge recipe:
- This cookie dough fudge is made with real chocolate chips and cookie dough.
- It's easy to make and only takes minutes to prepare.
- The cookie dough fudge is a delicious, rich, and chocolatey treat.
What You’ll Need To Make Cookie Dough Fudge
Sweetened condensed milk: Condensed milk is one of the main ingredients in this fudge recipe and is what helps create the creamy and rich texture.
White chocolate chips: White chocolate chips combined with sweetened condensed milk form the base for this cookie dough fudge. They add a hint of sweetness and help create that perfect creamy texture.
Butter: Butter helps to enhance the flavor of this cookie dough fudge and also gives it a smooth consistency.
Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract adds a subtle flavor to the fudge and helps to enhance the other flavors.
Cookie dough: The star ingredient in this cookie dough fudge is, of course, the cookie dough. It adds a delicious texture and flavor to the fudge that you just can’t beat. To keep things simple, I like to use a pre-made cookie dough that's safe to eat raw, such as Pilsbury.
Milk chocolate chips: Milk chocolate chips are the perfect finishing touch to this cookie dough fudge. They provide that classic chocolate flavor that complements the choc chip cookie dough.
Now that you have all the ingredients, it's time to get started on this delicious cookie dough fudge. Here’s how to make it:
Step 1: Line an 8x8-inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Step 2: Add the sweetened condensed milk to a small saucepan and warm over low heat. You don’t want the milk to boil, just warm it up so that it’s easier to work with.
Step 3: Add the white chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla to the saucepan and stir until the chocolate has melted completely and the mixture is smooth.
Step 4: Cut the pre-made cookie dough into bite-sized pieces and scatter half of it into the prepared pan.
Step 5: Gently mix half of the milk chocolate chips into the melted chocolate mixture then pour this mixture over the cookie dough in the pan and spread evenly.
Step 6: Scatter the remaining cookie dough pieces over the top and press down lightly.
Step 7: Sprinkle on the remaining milk chocolate chips, then place the pan in the refrigerator and allow the fudge to set for at least 2 hours.
Step 8: Once it’s set, remove from the fridge and cut into small squares.
Recipe Tips And Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the perfect sugar cookie fudge:
- Make sure the sweetened condensed milk is warmed before adding the other ingredients. This will make it easier to mix everything together and prevent the chocolate from seizing.
- If you don’t have vanilla bean paste, you can use vanilla extract. I like to use paste or the seeds scraped from a fresh vanilla bean because it gives the fudge a more pronounced vanilla flavor, but extract will work just as well.
- When adding the milk chocolate chips to the fudge mixture, don't over-stir it. The fudge mixture will still be hot and the chocolate chips will melt into the fudge if you stir too much.
- If your fudge is too soft once set, pop it in the freezer for 30 minutes before you cut it. This will help it set up even more so that it’s easier to cut and handle.
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
This cookie dough fudge is delicious served as-is, but if you want to dress it up a bit, here are some fun serving ideas:
- Top the pieces of fudge with a sprinkle of sea salt for an extra salty-sweet kick.
- Add some colorful sprinkles or candy for a festive touch.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of each piece.
If you don’t have white chocolate chips, you can substitute semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips. The flavor will be slightly different but still delicious.
How To Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers, make sure to store them in an airtight container. The cookie dough fudge can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. You can also freeze it for up to three months and thaw before serving. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use homemade cookie dough for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use homemade cookie dough if you prefer. Make sure it's made using a recipe that is safe to eat raw as the cookie dough doesn't undergo a cooking step in this recipe.
Q: Can I make this recipe in a 9x13-inch pan?
A: Yes, you can make this recipe in a 9x13-inch pan. It will just require a few more minutes of cooking time and the finished product will be thinner.
Q: Can I use a different kind of chocolate chips?
A: Yes, you can use a different kind of chocolate chips. You can use semi-sweet, dark, or any other type of chocolate chip you prefer. Just keep in mind that the flavor will be slightly different.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
Nordic Ware 8×8 Inch Pan: This pan is the perfect size for this recipe. It’s also great for making other sweet treats such as brownies, bars, and blondies.
Nestle Toll House Premier White Chocolate Morsels: These white chocolate chips are my favorite for this recipe. They melt beautifully and taste delicious.
Le Creuset Saucepan: This is my go-to pan for cooking small-batch recipes over the stove. It heats evenly and the enameled surface is easy to clean. It’s perfect for making fudge!
Cookie Dough Fudge
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon butter unsalted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounces pre-made cookie dough
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8-inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk to a small saucepan and warm over low heat. You don’t want the milk to boil, just warm it up so that it’s easier to work with.
- Add the white chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla to the saucepan and stir until the chocolate has melted completely and the mixture is smooth.
- Cut the pre-made cookie dough into bite-sized pieces and scatter half of it into the prepared pan.
- Gently mix half of the milk chocolate chips into the melted chocolate mixture then pour this mixture over the cookie dough in the pan and spread evenly.
- Scatter the remaining cookie dough pieces over the top and press down lightly.
- Sprinkle on the remaining milk chocolate chips, then place the pan in the refrigerator and allow the fudge to set for at least 2 hours.
- Once it’s set, remove from the fridge and cut into small squares.
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.
Leave a Reply