Grapefruit tequila punch is a unique and flavorful summertime cocktail that’s sure to be a hit at any gathering. The tart and tangy notes of the grapefruit come through in every sip. When combined with the sweet and spicy ginger ale and a shot of tequila, this drink has a complex flavor that is truly a unique experience. This festive punch can easily be adjusted to incorporate personal preferences and can be served as a single drink or in large batches for a party. So gather your friends around, make a toast to summer, and enjoy sipping on this delicious grapefruit tequila punch!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
Fancy a new twist on your favorite tequila cocktail? Look no further than grapefruit tequila punch! A zesty and delicious combination of citrusy lemon wedges, savory kosher salt, sweet silver tequila, tangy grapefruit juice, and fizzy ginger ale.
This drink is perfect for Cinco de Mayo or even a dinner party with friends and it will be sure to wow your guests. With its complex layers of flavor and fresh fragrant aromas, you won't be able to resist trying this tantalizing concoction. Who said you can't have sophistication in a cup?
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
With citrusy undertones and a hint of tequila, grapefruit tequila punch is sure to be your new favorite cocktail. This easy-to-make punch offers the perfect balance of tart and sweet flavors that will make you want to keep coming back for more. I think this easy cocktail will quickly become a favorite and here are a few reasons why:
- The tartness of the grapefruit juice perfectly complements the sweet and spicy ginger ale.
- The addition of the juice from fresh lemon wedges and a sprinkle of kosher salt instantly transforms it into an elevated craft cocktail.
- You can make a single serving for yourself or a big batch in advance so you don't have to worry about constantly refilling glasses.
- It is an easy-to-make, low-maintenance recipe with minimal ingredients.
So why not give grapefruit tequila punch a try? Your taste buds will be ecstatic when they get a sip of this unique blend.
What You’ll Need To Make Grapefruit Tequila Punch
Lemon wedges: Run a fresh lemon wedge around the rim of your glasses to give the glass a bit of zest and help the kosher salt stick.
Kosher salt: Rim the glasses with kosher salt for a touch of added flavor.
Silver tequila: Use a good quality silver tequila for best flavor.
Grapefruit juice: The tart juiciness of the grapefruit is the star flavor in this drink, so make sure to use a good quality grapefruit juice.
Ginger ale: The spicy fizziness of the ginger ale helps to give this drink its unique flavor and mouthfeel.
Ice: Make sure to use fresh ice cubes for a cold and refreshing drink.
Grapefruit slices: For a garnish, add some slices of fresh grapefruit.
Now that you have all the ingredients, let's get started on making this delicious cocktail. To make a single serving of tequila punch, follow these easy steps:
Step 1: Take your chosen cocktail glass and rub a lemon wedge around the rim.
Step 2: Dip the rim of the glass in a shallow bowl of kosher salt to give it a salty taste and look.
Step 3: In a cocktail shaker, combine the ice, silver tequila, grapefruit juice, and ginger ale.
Step 4: Squeeze the juice from a second lemon wedge into the shaker then drop the lemon wedge in with the mixture.
Step 5: Shake vigorously for about 10 seconds to mix everything together.
Step 6: Pour the mixture into your prepared glass and garnish with a slice of grapefruit.
Step 7: Make a toast to summer, and enjoy sipping on this delicious grapefruit tequila punch!
How To Make A Large Batch
If you’re having a party, this recipe can be made as a large batch and is perfect for serving your guests. Here are the suggested measurements to make a large batch of grapefruit tequila punch:
1 bottle (750ml) silver tequila
24 ounces grapefruit juice
36 ounces ginger ale
juice from 2 lemons
Simply combine all the ingredients in a large pitcher or punch bowl and stir to combine. Serve over ice with grapefruit slices as garnish.
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
This delicious grapefruit tequila punch is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a party or just an evening spent relaxing with friends. It's great on its own but also pairs well with many foods. Here are a few food pairing suggestions that will help you make the most out of your cocktail:
Spicy Mexican dishes: The tartness and sweetness of the cocktail pairs perfectly with spicy Mexican dishes, including tacos, enchiladas, and tamales.
Chips and salsa: Serve the punch with chips and salsa for a light snack. It goes well with the light and fruity mango pico de gallo or the more savory smoked chipotle salsa.
Fried Fish: The light and refreshing flavors of the grapefruit tequila punch will help to cut through the richness of fried fish dishes.
Barbecue: The slight spiciness of the ginger ale pairs well with the smokiness of barbecue dishes. Try the punch with smoked ribs or pulled pork.
If you want to make a few changes to the recipe, here are some suggested substitutions:
- If you’d like to add some extra flavor to the punch, try adding a splash of orange juice or lime juice. You can also substitute the silver tequila with vodka or any other type of liquor for a different kind of flavor.
- If you’re not a fan of ginger ale, you can use sparkling water or club soda instead.
- Lastly, if you don't have grapefruit juice on hand, you can use orange or pineapple juice instead.
No matter how you make it, this grapefruit tequila punch is sure to be a hit. So gather your ingredients, invite some friends over, and enjoy this delicious summer cocktail!
How To Store Leftovers
This punch doesn't store very well once it has been mixed as the ginger ale will lose its fizz. However, you can store the ingredients separately for up to 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, combine the ingredients and follow the instructions as normal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this punch contains silver tequila and is therefore considered an alcoholic beverage.
I recommend mixing the ingredients right before serving as the ginger ale will lose its fizz. However, you can store the ingredients separately for up to 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Yes, you can substitute the silver tequila with vodka or any other type of liquor for a different kind of flavor.
If you’re not a fan of ginger ale, you can use sparkling water or club soda instead. You could also try Sprite or 7Up for a sweeter taste.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
Cocktail shaker: A cocktail shaker is a must-have tool when making cocktails as it is the best way to mix ingredients and create frothy drinks.
Bartender kit: If you want to take your cocktail-making to the next level, a bartender kit is a must. This kit usually includes bar tools such as a jigger, strainer, and muddler.
Cocktail glasses: To serve the punch, you’ll need some nice glasses. Rocks glasses, lowball glasses, or pretty stemmed tulip glasses are perfect for serving this type of punch.
Grapefruit Tequila Punch
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces grapefruit juice
- 3 ounces ginger ale
- grapefruit slices to garnish
- Take your chosen cocktail glass and rub a lemon wedge around the rim.
- Dip the rim of the glass in a shallow bowl of kosher salt to give it a salty taste and look.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the ice, silver tequila, grapefruit juice, and ginger ale.
- Squeeze the juice from a second lemon wedge into the shaker then drop the lemon wedge in with the mixture.
- Shake vigorously for about 10 seconds to mix everything together.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared glass and garnish with a slice of grapefruit.
- Make a toast to summer, and enjoy sipping on this delicious grapefruit tequila punch!
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.
Leave a Reply