This oat milk matcha latte recipe is the perfect way to start your day. The oat milk gives the latte a creamy texture, while the matcha powder provides a gentle boost of energy and gives the drink its signature pretty green color. This drink can be served hot or cold, so it's perfect for any time of year and is sure to become one of your favorites!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
This oat milk matcha latte recipe is the perfect way to enjoy a delicious and healthy latte. Made with oat milk, matcha powder, vanilla extract, and a touch of sugar, this latte is both creamy and refreshing. The oat milk provides a creamy base for the latte, while the matcha powder gives it a beautiful green color and a slight bitterness that contrasts nicely with the sweetness of the sugar. Best of all, this latte is easy to make and can be enjoyed any time of day. So why not treat yourself to a delicious oat milk matcha latte today?
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This oat milk matcha latte recipe is the perfect way to start your day. The rich flavor of matcha is balanced by the sweetness of the oat milk, and the addition of a little bit of vanilla gives it just the right amount of depth. Plus, this latte is packed with antioxidants and other health benefits. Here are just a few reasons why you'll love this recipe:
- Matcha is a great source of antioxidants, which can help to protect your cells from damage and promote overall health.
- Oat milk is a dairy-free alternative that is rich in vitamins and minerals.
- This latte has just a touch of vanilla extract which gives it a nice depth of flavor.
- This latte is easy to make, either hot or cold, and can be enjoyed any time of day.
What You’ll Need To Make This Oat Milk Matcha Latte Recipe
- Matcha: This recipe calls for 1 teaspoon of matcha powder. Matcha is a type of green tea that is ground into a fine powder. It has a strong, slightly bitter flavor and is a great source of antioxidants. You can find matcha powder in most health food stores or online. I recommend using ceremonial grade matcha for this recipe, as it has a higher quality and better flavor.
- Hot water: You'll need ¼ cup of hot water to make this latte. I recommend using filtered water if possible.
- Oat milk: You'll need ¾ cup of oat milk for this recipe. Oat milk is a dairy-free alternative to cow's milk that is made from oats that have been soaked in water and then strained. It has a creamy texture and mild flavor that pairs well with the matcha powder.
- Sugar: This recipe calls for 1-2 teaspoons of sugar, depending on your desired level of sweetness. You can use any type of sugar that you like, but I prefer to use organic cane sugar. If you'd rather opt for a natural sweetener, maple syrup, agave, or honey are all great choices.
- Vanilla extract: You'll need ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract for this recipe. This gives the latte a nice depth of flavor. If you don't have vanilla extract on hand, you can also use vanilla bean paste or the caviar from 1 vanilla bean.
Making this oat milk matcha latte is easy! Simply follow these step-by-step instructions:
Step 1: Add hot water, sugar, vanilla, and matcha powder together in a small bowl and whisk until the ingredients are well combined and the sugar has dissolved.
Step 2: If serving as an iced latte, add your desired amount of ice to a tall glass and pour in the chilled oat milk, followed by the matcha. Stir to combine and serve.
Step 3: If serving as a hot latte, add the oat milk to a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
Step 4: Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the matcha, sugar, and vanilla mixture until it is well combined.
Step 5: Pour the latte into a mug and enjoy!
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
This oat milk matcha latte is delicious on its own, but there are a few ways that you can change it up to suit your taste:
- If you want a richer latte, use full-fat oat milk instead of the low-fat variety.
- If you want a sweeter latte, add an additional 1-2 teaspoons of sugar.
- If you don't want to use white sugar, you can use any type of sugar that you like, including brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup.
- If you don't have oat milk, you can substitute any kind of dairy or plant-based milk that you prefer.
- If you don't have vanilla extract on hand, you can substitute vanilla bean paste or the caviar from 1 vanilla bean.
How To Store Leftovers
Leftover oat milk matcha latte can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. When you're ready to enjoy it, simply reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop until warmed through if you'd like it hot, or add some ice and give it a stir if you'd like it cold.
Health Benefits Of Matcha
Matcha is a type of green tea that is rich in antioxidants and has been shown to offer a variety of health benefits, including:
- Boosting metabolism: Matcha has been shown to boost metabolism and help the body burn fat more effectively.
- Lowering cholesterol: The antioxidants in matcha can help to lower cholesterol levels.
- Improving cognitive function: Matcha has been shown to improve cognitive function and memory.
- Detoxifying the body: Matcha helps to detoxify the body and promote a healthy immune system.
- Reducing stress: Matcha has been shown to reduce stress and promote relaxation.
You can enjoy matcha daily to reap the health benefits, or you can enjoy it occasionally as a treat. Either way, this oat milk matcha latte is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy it!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is matcha latte good with oat milk?
A: Yes, matcha latte is good with oat milk! The two flavors complement each other well and make for a delicious and healthy drink.
Q: Can I substitute a different type of milk in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can substitute any kind of dairy or plant-based milk in this recipe.
Q: Can I make this latte ahead of time?
A: You can make this latte ahead of time, but it is best enjoyed fresh. Leftover latte can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Q: Is matcha latte healthy?
A: Yes, matcha latte is healthy! Matcha is a type of green tea that is rich in antioxidants and has been shown to offer a variety of health benefits.
Q: Does matcha fight inflammation?
A: It is believed that the polyphenols in matcha help fight inflammation and promote a healthy immune system.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
Bormioli Rocco Rock Bar Stackable Beverage Glasses: These are my favorite glasses to use for this recipe. They have a sturdy build and the classic “rocks glass” shape that is perfect for serving this guava passionfruit drink.
12-Pack Reusable Stainless Steel Metal Straws With Case: These reusable stainless steel straws are a great eco-friendly option to regular straws. They come with a handy carrying case so you can take them with you on the go.
Handheld Milk Frother: This handheld milk frother is a great way to mix your matcha powder and water together. It will help ensure that your matcha is fully dissolved.
More Recipes You Might Like
Oat Milk Matcha Latte (Hot Or Iced)
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- ¼ cup hot water
- ¾ cup oat milk
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add hot water, sugar, vanilla, and matcha powder together in a small bowl and whisk until the ingredients are well combined and the sugar has dissolved.
- If serving as an iced latte, add your desired amount of ice to a tall glass and pour in the chilled oat milk, followed by the matcha mixture. Stir to combine and serve.
- If serving as a hot latte, add the oat milk to a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the matcha, sugar, and vanilla mixture until it is well combined.
- Pour the latte into a mug and enjoy!
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.