This mouth-watering mango pico de gallo recipe is a burst of flavor that's sure to add an exciting twist to any dinner party or game night! This unique twist on traditional pico de gallo features a bright, sweet mango flavor balanced against red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño pepper. This distinctive pico de gallo brings a hint of the tropics to Mexican cuisine. It is incredibly versatile - eat it with tacos, scoop it up with chips, or serve it as an invigorating salad! No matter how you enjoy it, this easy mango pico de gallo will be sure to impress you and your dinner guests.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
If you're looking for a refreshingly delicious dish to add to your summer party menu, look no further than this mango pico de gallo recipe!
Combining a variety of textures and flavors, this salsa-like dish is sure to be an instant hit with your guests. Sweet mangos mix with spicy jalapenos, lime juice, and fresh cilantro, making for a unique flavor combination that is perfect for any summer gathering.
Enjoy it with tortilla chips or as a topping for your favorite tacos - either way, you won't be disappointed!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you're looking for the perfect balance of sweet and savory, then this mango pico de gallo recipe is sure to please! Not only is it easy to whip up in a matter of minutes, but it also combines exciting flavors like mangoes, jalapenos, and lime juice. I think that you'll love this recipe and here are a few reasons why:
- All of the ingredients are made with fresh produce, so you know your family is eating something nutritious. With its bright colors and bold flavors everyone at the table will love it!
- You can customize this recipe according to your taste preferences or dietary restrictions. So no matter what your needs may be, you'll definitely fall in love with this tasty dish!
- It's incredibly versatile and can be served as an appetizer, side dish, or even a main course! So go ahead and let your imagination take the lead - you can do so much with this simple recipe!
Ready to give it a try? Let's get started!
What You’ll Need To Make Mango Pico de Gallo
Mangoes: 3 large ripe mangoes are the star of this recipe! The juicy sweetness of the mango is what makes this pico de gallo so special.
Red bell pepper: 1 large red bell pepper adds a nice crunch and vibrant color to this delicious salsa.
Red onion: Diced red onion adds a nice bite to the dish and helps to balance out the sweetness of the mango.
Jalapenos: A jalapeno pepper adds the perfect amount of heat to this pico de gallo. If you like your food spicy, add more jalapenos!
Cilantro: Freshly chopped cilantro gives this pico de gallo an herby flavor and looks great.
Lime juice: The zesty tang of the lime juice helps to bring all the flavors together. Don't skip it!
Salt and pepper: A pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper helps to bring out the flavor of all the ingredients.
Now that you have all of the ingredients ready, let's get started! Follow these simple steps for the best mango pico de gallo around:
Step 1: Start by dicing the mangoes into small cubes. Place them in a large bowl.
Step 2: Slice and dice the red bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro. Add these to the bowl with the mangoes.
Step 3: Squeeze the juice of one lime into the bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Step 4: Give the salsa a good stir to combine all of the ingredients. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
Step 5: Place the pico de gallo in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour before serving.
Step 6: Serve the pico de gallo with chips, and tacos, or use it as a topping for salads.
Tips & Tricks For Making The Best Mango Pico de Gallo
This recipe is extremely versatile and can be customized according to your favorite flavors or dietary needs. Here are a few tips to help make the perfect pico de gallo, every time:
- Use ripe mangos for the best results. Ripe mangos are juicy and sweet, which makes for a delicious salsa.
- If you like your pico de gallo spicy, add more jalapenos or try adding a hotter pepper such as serrano.
- Make sure to let the pico de gallo chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. This helps to let all of the flavors meld together, resulting in the best flavor!
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
Mango pico de gallo is incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes. It's perfect served with tortilla chips and a glass of grapefruit tequila punch for Cinco de Mayo! Here are a few more ways to enjoy this delicious salsa:
Tacos: This pico de gallo is the perfect topping for tacos. Try it with fish tacos, shrimp tacos, or even chicken tacos!
Salads: Use this salsa as a topping for salads, such as taco salad or cobb salad. It adds a nice sweet and tangy flavor to the greens.
Burritos: This pico de gallo makes a great topping for burritos. Try adding it to a breakfast burrito or veggie burrito for some extra flavor.
You can also make substitutions to this recipe based on what you have on hand. For example, if you don't have mangoes, you can use pineapple or peaches instead. And if you don't have cilantro, you can use parsley or basil.
If you'd prefer a more traditional pico de gallo, why not give this classic pico de gallo recipe a try?
No matter how you choose to make it, this mango pico de gallo recipe is sure to be a hit! Enjoy!
How To Store Leftovers
Any leftover pico de gallo can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The salsa will get more flavorful the longer it sits, so feel free to make it ahead of time.
I don't recommend freezing the pico de gallo as it will become mushy when thawed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pico de gallo (also known as salsa fresca) is a Mexican salsa usually made from diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. It is usually served as an accompaniment to tacos or burritos.
Yes, pico de gallo is different from salsa. Pico de gallo is a fresh uncooked salsa that usually consists of diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Salsa is usually cooked or blended and can have a variety of ingredients depending on the type of salsa.
Absolutely! You can substitute the mangoes for any other type of fruit, such as pineapple or peaches. You can also add additional fruits to the recipe if you like. Just make sure to adjust the amount of lime juice and seasonings accordingly.
Mango pico de gallo is delicious served with chips, tacos, burritos or as a topping for salads. You can also use it as a condiment for grilled meats, fish, or vegetables.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
Glass Mixing Bowls: These glass mixing bowls are super versatile. You can use them for mixing, storing, and serving.
Citrus Juicer: This citrus juicer makes squeezing limes and lemons a breeze.
8-Inch Kitchen Knife: A good chef's knife is essential for quickly and accurately dicing the vegetables. This 8-inch kitchen knife by Paudin is a great choice.
Mango Pico de Gallo
- 3 large ripe mangoes diced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 3 jalapenos seeded and diced
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by dicing the mangoes into small cubes. Place them in a large bowl.
- Slice and dice the red bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro. Add these to the bowl with the mangoes.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime into the bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Give the salsa a good stir to combine all of the ingredients. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Place the pico de gallo in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve the pico de gallo with chips, and tacos, or use it as a topping for salads. Enjoy!
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.