Halloween is a time for spooky fun, and these Halloween chocolate covered oreos are the perfect treat! These cookies are made from just three simple ingredients: green candy melts, oreos, and candy eyeballs. They're easy to make and perfect for a party or a trick-or-treater's bag.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
These Halloween chocolate dipped oreos are the perfect treat for any spooky celebration! Made from green candy melts, oreos, and candy eyeballs, these cookies are sure to be a hit. The green candy melts give them a creepy Halloween vibe, while the oreos and candy eyeballs add a fun and festive touch.
Whether you're handing out treats at a party or just enjoying them yourself, these Halloween chocolate dipped oreos are sure to be a hit!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Looking for a fun and festive treat to make this Halloween? Look no further than chocolate covered oreos! These cookies are easy to make and sure to please everyone. Here are a few reasons why you will love this recipe:
- They are easy to make: All you need is green candy melts, oreos, and candy eyeballs. Melt the candy melts, dip the oreos, and add the eyeballs. It's that simple!
- They are festive and fun: What could be more Halloween-themed than chocolate dipped oreos? These cookies are sure to get everyone in the mood for Halloween.
- They are delicious: Of course, the most important reason to make these cookies is because they taste amazing. The combination of chocolate and oreos is always a winner.
What You’ll Need To Make Halloween Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Green candy melts: You will need green candy melts to dip your oreos. You can find them at most craft stores, grocery stores, or online.
- Oreos: I used double stuf oreos for this recipe. If you plan to use cake pop sticks to turn your dipped oreos into oreo pops like we did, you'll want to use double stuf oreos to make sure that there is enough space between the two cookies to fit the cake pop stick.
- Candy eyeballs: These are optional, but they really help to make the cookies look spooky. You can find them at most craft stores or online.
- Cake pop sticks: Again, these are optional but they will come in handy if you want to turn your oreos into pops
Making these Halloween chocolate dipped oreos is easy! Just follow these simple steps:
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
If using cake pop sticks, insert them into the oreos before dipping.
Melt the candy melts according to the package directions.
Dip the oreos in the melted candy melts, being sure to coat them completely.
Place the candy eyeballs on the cookies while the candy melts are still wet.
Let the cookies dry on the parchment paper.
And that's it! You've now made your very own Halloween chocolate-dipped oreos. Enjoy!
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
These Halloween chocolate dipped oreos are perfect for a party or as a treat for trick-or-treaters. Here are a few ideas for serving them:
- Serve them on a platter with other Halloween-themed treats.
- Place them in a cellophane bag and tie with a ribbon to give as a gift.
- Stick them in the freezer for a spooky frozen treat.
If you're looking for ideas for substitutions, try swapping white candy melts for the green candy melts to make ghosts or mummys. You can also use almost any color of candy melts for the monster eyeball dipped oreos. Stick with the traditional Halloween colors of green, purple, and orange, or mix it up with something completely different.
You can also use any flavor of oreo that you like. I think that the mint oreos would be especially good for this recipe.
If you don't want to use candy eyeballs, you can use other decorations like sprinkles or nonpareils.
How To Store Leftovers
These Halloween chocolate dipped oreos will last for up to 2 weeks if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
You can also freeze them for up to 6 months. Thaw in the fridge before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use a different flavor of oreo?
A: Yes, you can use any flavor of oreo that you like. I think that the mint oreos would be especially good for this recipe.
Q: Can I use a different color of candy melts?
A: Yes, you can use any color of candy melts that you like. I think that green, purple, and orange are traditional Halloween colors, but feel free to get creative.
Q: How far in advance can I make chocolate covered oreos?
A: These cookies can be made up to 2 weeks in advance. Store them in an airtight container in the fridge until you're ready to serve them.
Q: Can chocolate covered oreos be frozen?
A: Yes, they can! These cookies will last for up to 6 months in the freezer. Thaw in the fridge before serving.
Q: Can you use royal icing on chocolate covered oreos?
A: Yes, you can use royal icing to decorate your oreos. I would recommend using a piping bag or a zip-top bag with the corner cut off to pipe the icing onto the cookies.
Q: What can I use instead of candy eyeballs?
A: You can use other decorations like sprinkles or nonpareils. You can also use royal icing or melted chocolate to pipe on eyes.
Q: How long will candy coated oreos last?
A: These cookies will last for up to 2 weeks if stored in an airtight container in the fridge. You can also freeze them for up to 6 months. Thaw in the fridge before serving.
Q: What can I do if I don't have cake pop sticks?
A: You can make these without sticks, but they will be more difficult to dip in the candy melts. I would recommend using a fork or a toothpick to dip them. You can also use a chocolate dipping tool if you have one.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
Cuisinart 17-Inch Chef’s Classic Nonstick Bakeware Cookie Sheet: This cookie sheet is a great option when making chocolate covered oreos. The nonstick surface makes cleanup a breeze, and the large size is perfect for dipping and drying multiple oreos at once.
Wilton Candy Melts: Candy melts are a type of chocolate that are specifically designed for melting and coating. They come in a wide variety of colors, so you can customize your Halloween chocolate covered oreos.
Wilton Mini Candy Eyeballs: These candy eyes are the perfect size for chocolate covered oreos. You can also use them to make other spooky Halloween treats.
More Recipes You Might Like
Halloween Chocolate Covered Oreos
- 12 double stuf oreos
- 8 oz candy coating
- candy eyeballs
- 12 cake pop sticks
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- If using cake pop sticks, insert them into the oreos before dipping.
- Melt the candy melts according to the package directions.
- Dip the oreos in the melted candy melts, being sure to coat them completely.
- Place the candy eyeballs on the cookies while the candy melts are still wet.
- Let the cookies dry on the parchment paper.
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.