Pumpkin spice hummus is a sweet and creamy hummus that is perfect for fall. It is made from garbanzo beans, pumpkin spice blend, tahini, brown sugar, and lemon juice. The pumpkin spice mix gives the hummus a delicious flavor and the tahini makes it creamy. It's the perfect sweet and savory treat for any occasion!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
This pumpkin spice hummus recipe is the perfect way to enjoy the flavors of fall. Made with just a few simple ingredients, it's both easy to make and delicious. The key to creating the perfect pumpkin spice flavor is to use real pumpkin puree. This gives the hummus a rich, creamy texture and a deep orange color. If you don't have pumpkin puree on hand, you can also use fresh pumpkin.
Once you've perfected the flavor, simply scoop the hummus into a serving dish and enjoy with your favorite sweet or savory sides, such as graham crackers, marshmallows, pretzels, or strawberries.
Whether you're hosting a Halloween party or just looking for a fun snack, this pumpkin spice hummus is sure to be a hit.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This pumpkin spice hummus is the perfect snack for fall! Packed with protein and fiber, it will keep you feeling full and satisfied. And the best part? It's super easy to make. Just throw all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Here are four reasons why you'll love this recipe:
- The pumpkin spice flavor is perfect for fall. Use our easy homemade pumpkin pie spice mix to give this hummus its beautiful spiced flavor.
- It makes a healthy and nutritious snack or a delightful sweet and savory dessert.
- It's quick and easy to make.
- It's perfect for entertaining or taking on the go.
What You’ll Need To Make Pumpkin Spice Hummus
- Garbanzo beans: Look for low sodium garbanzo beans if possible. You can find them in the canned goods section of most grocery stores.
- Pumpkin spice blend: This is a key ingredient in pumpkin spice hummus. You can find it pre-made at most stores, or you can make your own using our easy recipe.
- Pumpkin puree: You'll need either canned pumpkin puree or fresh pumpkin to make this recipe. If using fresh pumpkin, be sure to cook it until it's soft and mashable.
- Tahini: Tahini is a paste made from ground sesame seeds. It's commonly used in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine. You can find it in the international aisle of most grocery stores.
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar adds a touch of sweetness to this recipe. You can use light or dark brown sugar, depending on your preference. You can also swap this out for maple syrup or any other sweetener that you prefer.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice helps to balance the flavors in this recipe.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract is optional, but it does add a nice depth of flavor.
- Water: You'll need water to thin out the hummus if it's too thick.
It's super easy to make pumpkin spice hummus! Just follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
Step 2: If the hummus is too thick, add water a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.
Step 3: Taste and adjust the seasonings as necessary.
Step 4: Serve with your favorite sweet or savory sides.
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
There are so many delicious ways to enjoy pumpkin spice hummus. Here are a few of our favorite serving suggestions:
- Serve it as a dip with graham crackers, marshmallows, pretzels, or strawberries.
- Spread it on toast or bagels for a quick and easy snack.
- Use it as a sandwich spread in place of mayo or mustard.
- Make pumpkin spice hummus tacos by spreading it on warm tortillas and topping with shredded chicken, chopped greens, and diced avocado.
When it comes to substitutions, there are lots of different options for this recipe. Here are some of our suggestions:
- Not a fan of pumpkin spice? You can omit it from the recipe or substitute with another spice blend, such as cinnamon or allspice.
- If you don't have pumpkin puree on hand, you can use fresh pumpkin.
- If you don't want to use tahini, you can substitute peanut butter, almond butter, or sunflower seed butter.
- You can also use any sweetener that you prefer instead of brown sugar.
- And if you don't have pumpkin spice blend, you can use a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
How To Store Leftovers
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. You can also freeze pumpkin spice hummus for up to three months. Let it thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
Whether you enjoy it as a snack or a dessert, we hope you love this pumpkin spice hummus recipe!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is pumpkin spice hummus healthy?
A: Yes, pumpkin spice hummus is a healthy and nutritious snack. It's high in fiber and protein, and it's low in fat and calories. If you want to make a lower sugar version, simply reduce the amount of sugar or sweetener.
Q: Can I make pumpkin spice hummus without tahini?
A: Yes, you can make pumpkin spice hummus without tahini. If you don't have tahini on hand, you can substitute peanut butter, almond butter, or sunflower seed butter.
Q: Can I make pumpkin spice hummus without a food processor?
A: Yes, you can make pumpkin spice hummus without a food processor. We recommend using a high-speed blender for making this hummus.
Q: What goes with pumpkin hummus?
A: Pumpkin spice hummus is delicious with sweet or savory sides. Try it with graham crackers, pretzels, marshmallows, strawberries, or bagels. You can also use it as a sandwich spread in place of mayo or mustard, or make pumpkin spice tacos by spreading it on warm tortillas and topping with shredded chicken, chopped greens, and diced avocado.
Q: How long does pumpkin spice hummus last?
A: Pumpkin spice hummus will last in the fridge for up to one week. You can also freeze it for up to three months. Let it thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
Q: How do you fix bland hummus?
A: If your hummus is bland, there are a few things you can do to fix it. First, add more pumpkin pie spice and blend until smooth. You can also add more acidity, such as lemon juice or vinegar. Finally, taste and adjust the seasonings as necessary.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
Vitamix E310 Explorian Blender: This is a great blender for making hummus! It’s very powerful and versatile, and it comes with a tamper which is really helpful when making smoothies, purees, and sauces.
Food processor: A food processor will also work well for this recipe. If you don’t have a Vitamix, I would recommend using a food processor instead of a regular blender.
Storage containers: These are great for storing leftover hummus in the fridge. They’re airtight and stackable, so they’re perfect for small spaces.
More Recipes You Might Like
Pumpkin Spice Hummus
- 1 can (15oz) garbanzo beans
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoon tahini
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup water
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- If the hummus is too thick, add water a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings as necessary.
- Serve with your favorite sweet or savory sides.
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.