4 ingredient M&M Christmas cookies are a delicious seasonal treat that come together with minimal effort. All you need is sugar cookie mix, butter, egg, and M&Ms. These quick and easy cookies are perfect for a holiday party, cookie swap or just as a festive treat!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
If you're looking for something festive and delicious to make this holiday season, try these 4-ingredient M&M Christmas cookies! Super simple to make and so satisfying! The rich vanilla flavor of the cookie combined with the colorful crunch of the M&Ms makes for a tasty treat that your family won't be able to resist.
Whip up a batch for your next Christmas party or keep them in an airtight container by the tree as a special surprise. These classic Christmas cookies combine convenience with yuletide cheer, making them the perfect holiday indulgence.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Looking for the perfect last-minute holiday cookie recipe? This 4-ingredient M&M Christmas cookies recipe is the perfect solution! Not only are these cookies easy to make, but they also add a fun pop of color and flavor to any plate. I think you'll love them, and here are a few reasons why:
- With only 4 ingredients, this recipe is perfect for beginner bakers or anyone who finds themselves short of time over the holidays!
- It's fun for kids to get involved in making these cookies as they can customize them with their favorite colors of M&M's.
- These chewy Christmas cookies make the perfect gift or treat to bring to a holiday party – I guarantee most of your guests will be asking for the recipe!
What You’ll Need To Make 4 Ingredient M&M Christmas Cookies
Sugar cookie mix: Pre-made sugar cookie mix is what makes these cookies so quick and easy. I like Betty Crocker or Pilsbury, but feel free to use your favorite brand.
Butter: You'll need ½ cup of softened unsalted butter. The butter adds flavor and helps the cookie mix bind together.
Egg: Just one egg is needed to help hold the other ingredients together.
M&Ms: Choose your favorite colors and flavors of M&M's for this recipe. I like to use a combination of red and green M&Ms for these festive Christmas cookies.
Making these 4 ingredient M&M Christmas cookies is so simple! Just follow these steps to make a batch of delicious, chewy holiday treats:
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
Step 2: In a large bowl, mix together the sugar cookie mix, butter, and egg until completely combined.
Step 3: Add in half of the M&Ms and stir to combine.
Step 4: Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, drop the cookie dough onto your prepared baking sheets in 1-2 inch balls.
Step 5: Press the remaining M&Ms into the top of each cookie dough ball and bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 6: Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips For Making The Best M&M Christmas Cookies
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect 4 ingredient M&M Christmas cookies:
- If your cookie dough is too soft or sticky, you can add a little more sugar cookie mix.
- Chill your cookie dough in the fridge for up to an hour before baking. This will stop your cookies for spreading too thin when baking.
- For an extra festive touch, try adding some festive sprinkles or mini candy canes on top of the cookies before baking.
- Use a cookie scoop to make sure all of your cookies are the same size and bake evenly. I like to use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop for nice medium size cookies.
- For extra festive cookies, you can use Christmas-themed M&Ms instead of the regular ones.
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
These 4 ingredient M&M Christmas cookies are delicious on their own, but if you're looking for something extra special, here a few suggestions:
- Serve with a glass of cold milk for dunking.
- Top the cookies with sprinkles or festive holiday sugar for extra color and crunch.
- Add a drizzle of melted white or dark chocolate over the cookies for added sweetness.
- For a fun twist, try swapping out the M&Ms for your favorite type of chocolate chips or chopped-up candy canes.
- You can also use a different type of cookie mix if you'd like – try a gingerbread or snickerdoodle mix for some unique variations.
With so many options, you can customize this recipe to make it your own. Enjoy!
How To Store Leftovers
These cookies are best enjoyed when served fresh, but if you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze the cookies for up to 3 months – just make sure they're in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag.
For a quick, delicious treat, warm the cookies in the microwave for 10-15 seconds before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use regular M&Ms instead of the Christmas-themed ones?
A: Yes, absolutely! Regular M&Ms work just as well in this recipe.
Q: Can I use a different type of cookie mix?
A: Yes, you can definitely experiment with different types of cookie mixes. Try a gingerbread or snickerdoodle mix for something different.
Q: Does the butter need to be melted?
A: No, the butter should be softened to room temperature before using it in this recipe. Melted butter will not work as well.
Q: How long will these cookies last?
A: The cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
KitchenAid Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer: This mixer is perfect for making cookie dough. I like to use a mixer for mixing cookie dough as it makes it nice and smooth.
Cuisinart 17-Inch Chef’s Classic Nonstick Bakeware Cookie Sheet: This cookie sheet is the perfect size for baking cookies. It’s nonstick so the cookies won’t stick and it’s dishwasher safe too. The best thing about this cookie sheet is that it doesn’t have any edges, so the air can circulate around the cookies to help ensure you get a nice even bake.
Fayomir Cookie Scoop Set: A cookie scoop is a great way to get uniform-sized cookies. This set comes with 3 different sizes so you can choose the perfect size for your cookies.
4 Ingredient M&M Christmas Cookies
- 17.5 ounces sugar cookie mix
- ½ cup butter unsalted
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups M&Ms red and green
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar cookie mix, butter, and egg until completely combined.
- Add in half of the M&Ms and stir to combine.
- Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, drop the cookie dough onto your prepared baking sheets in 1-2 inch balls.
- Press the remaining M&Ms into the top of each cookie dough ball and bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.
Leave a Reply