White chocolate peppermint cookies are the perfect holiday treat! Their rich white chocolate flavor, combined with the subtle coolness of crushed peppermint candy, creates a unique and delectable taste that is sure to bring cheer during the winter months. Perfect for gifting to family and friends or as an after-dinner treat, white chocolate peppermint cookies are sure to make your season merry and bright!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
If you're looking for a delicious holiday treat with a twist, then this white chocolate peppermint cookie is the one for you! Combining a classic sugar cookie with fresh candy cane crunch and creamy white chocolate chips, these delightful cookies offer an amazing combination of flavors and textures.
While some might dismiss white chocolate as too sweet, the addition of the refreshingly cool mint really helps level it out. The texture of these cookies is also something to be desired—they're soft yet chewy, sweet yet subtly spicy. Truly a unique and delicious recipe that's sure to impress your loved ones this season!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
White chocolate peppermint cookies make the perfect festive holiday treat! This delicious cookie recipe combines the smooth sweetness of white chocolate with the cool, refreshing flavor of peppermint in one single bite. You'll love these cookies for so many reasons - here are just a few:
- They're easy to make and come together quickly.
- The delicate flavors of white chocolate and peppermint pair perfectly together.
- These cookies are perfect for gifting or sharing with family and friends.
What You’ll Need To Make White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Flour: All-purpose flour is the main component of this recipe.
Baking powder: Baking powder helps the cookies rise.
Baking soda: Baking soda helps the cookies brown and allows them to spread out more. If you prefer a cookie that is thicker and lighter, feel free to leave this out.
Salt: Salt is essential for balancing out the sweetness of the white chocolate in this recipe.
Butter: Butter adds richness and a delicious flavor to the cookies.
Brown sugar: Brown sugar helps to add an additional depth of flavor and moisture to the cookies. Using brown sugar will make your cookies delightfully chewy. If you prefer a crispier cookie, you can use granulated sugar instead.
Egg: The egg helps to bind the ingredients together.
Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract adds an extra layer of flavor to your cookies.
White chocolate chips: White chocolate chips add delicious sweetness to the cookies.
Crushed peppermint candy: I recommend using crushed candy canes for this recipe but any kind of crushed peppermint hard candy should work. The crushed peppermint candy adds a light and cool flavor as well as a festive look to the cookies.
Now that you have all of your ingredients, here are the steps to make these delicious white chocolate peppermint cookies:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
Step 3: In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Step 4: Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
Step 5: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
Step 6: Stir in the white chocolate chips and ½ cup of the crushed peppermint candy. Save the remaining ¼ cup for later.
Step 7: Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Make sure to leave enough room between each cookie. These cookies will spread quite a bit so don't put them too close together!
Step 8: Sprinkle the remaining crushed peppermint candy on the cookie dough balls then chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Step 9: Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
Tips For Making The Best White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Here are a few tips to help you make the most delicious white chocolate peppermint cookies:
- Make sure to use high-quality ingredients and fresh baking supplies. This will help to ensure that your cookies turn out perfectly every time.
- Measure the ingredients carefully and don’t overmix the dough.
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for 30 minutes before baking. This will help the cookies maintain their shape while baking.
- Don’t overbake the cookies. They should be golden brown and still slightly soft in the center.
- Let the cookies cool completely before serving or storing. This will ensure that they have time to set and are not too soft.
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
White chocolate peppermint cookies are perfect for any holiday or special occasion. Serve them up as dessert with a scoop of ice cream, dunk them in a glass of milk, or package them up as a festive gift.
You can also make a few substitutions to this recipe if needed.
Use milk chocolate chips instead of white chocolate or spiced pumpkin chips for a fall-inspired cookie. You can also use crushed peppermint candy instead of crushed candy canes.
If you prefer a crispier cookie, you can swap out the brown sugar for granulated sugar.
For a thicker, fluffier cookie, omit the baking soda and use ¾ teaspoon of baking powder instead.
How To Store Leftovers
White chocolate peppermint cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
If you want to store your cookies longer, you can wrap them individually and freeze for up to 3 months or freeze the dough before baking and save it for later.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What makes cookies crispy vs chewy?
A: The type of sugar you use and the amount of time you bake them will determine whether your cookies are crispy or chewy. If you want a crispier cookie, use granulated sugar and bake for a few minutes longer. For a chewier cookie, use brown sugar and bake for a slightly shorter amount of time.
Q: How can I make my cookies have a stronger peppermint flavor?
A: To add more peppermint flavor to your cookies, you can use peppermint extract in place of the vanilla extract.
Q: How do I know when my cookies are done baking?
A: Your cookies are done baking when they are golden brown and still slightly soft in the center. Allow them to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to a cooling rack.
Q: Can I use a different type of chocolate chips in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can certainly experiment with different types of chocolate chips. Try milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, or pumpkin spice chips for a delicious twist on this classic recipe.
Q: What size cookie scoop should I use for this recipe?
A: I like to use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop for this recipe. This will give you a uniform size for the cookies and help them bake evenly.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
KitchenAid Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer: This mixer is perfect for making cookie dough. I like to use a mixer for mixing cookie dough as it makes it nice and smooth.
Cuisinart 17-Inch Chef’s Classic Nonstick Bakeware Cookie Sheet: This cookie sheet is the perfect size for baking cookies. It’s nonstick so the cookies won’t stick and it’s dishwasher safe too. The best thing about this cookie sheet is that it doesn’t have any edges, so the air can circulate around the cookies to help ensure you get a nice even bake.
Fayomir Cookie Scoop Set: A cookie scoop is a great way to get uniform-sized cookies. This set comes with 3 different sizes so you can choose the perfect size for your cookies.
White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup peppermint candy canes crushed
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and ½ cup of the crushed peppermint candy. Save the remaining ¼ cup for later.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Make sure to leave enough room between each cookie. These cookies will spread quite a bit so don't put them too close together!
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed peppermint candy on the cookie dough balls then chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.
Leave a Reply