Christmas popcorn mix is a special holiday treat that's perfect for sharing with family and friends. It starts with a base of air-popped popcorn, which is then coated in a yummy mixture of melted chocolate, Christmas sprinkles, and crushed pretzels. The result is a festive and delicious snack that's perfect for munching on during Christmas movie marathons or holiday parties.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
Christmas popcorn mix is a festive and delicious treat that's perfect for the holiday season. This recipe combines the classic flavors of popcorn and pretzels with a festive Christmas twist. The result is a sweet and savory snack that's perfect for sharing with family and friends. Christmas popcorn mix is also a great way to use up any leftover popcorn from your holiday movie night. Christmas popcorn mix is always a hit with kids and adults alike so if you're looking for a delicious and easy Christmas recipe, give this Christmas popcorn mix a try.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Christmas popcorn mix is a festive and easy treat that’s perfect for sharing with friends and family. This recipe features a combination of sweet and salty ingredients, including popcorn, pretzels, and M&Ms candy. The mix is finished with a drizzle of white chocolate, making it irresistible. Here are just a few reasons why you’ll love this Christmas popcorn mix:
- It’s easy to make – simply mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- It’s great for gifts – package the mix in jars or cellophane bags and tie with a ribbon for a festive present.
- It’s deliciously Christmas-y – the combination of flavors will have you feeling festive in no time!
What You’ll Need To Make Christmas Popcorn Mix
Popcorn: You’ll need about 6 cups of popped popcorn for this recipe. You can use store-bought or homemade popcorn. If using store-bought, I recommend using an air-popped variety.
Pretzels: Pretzels add a salty and crunchy element to the mix. I like to use small, bite-sized pretzels for this recipe.
M&Ms: M&Ms add a touch of sweetness and festive color to the mix. I like to use the regular-sized M&Ms for this recipe, but you can also use the mini M&Ms if you prefer.
White candy wafers: White candy wafers are used to drizzle over the mix. You can find these wafers in the baking aisle of your grocery store. If you prefer, you can use white chocolate or milk chocolate instead of candy wafers.
Sprinkles: Sprinkles are optional, but they add a fun and festive touch. Red and green sprinkles will give your popcorn mix a Christmas-y feel. You can find sprinkles in the baking aisle of your grocery store.
Now that you’ve gathered your ingredients, it’s time to make the Christmas popcorn mix. This recipe is easy to make and only takes a few minutes to prepare. Here’s how to make it:
Step 1: Break half of the pretzels into smaller pieces.
Step 2: On a baking tray, spread out the popcorn and pretzels, then sprinkle the M&Ms over the top.
Step 3: In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the candy wafers. You can do this by microwaving the candy wafers in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until they are melted and smooth.
Step 4: Drizzle the melted candy over the popcorn mixture.
Step 5: Sprinkle the sprinkles over the top.
Step 6: Toss everything together and then allow the mix to cool.
Step 7: Serve in your choice of bowl and enjoy!
Recipe Tips And Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks for making the perfect Christmas popcorn mix:
- If you want to make fresh popcorn at home, one of the best ways is to pop your popcorn on the stovetop. You’ll need about ¼ cup of unpopped popcorn kernels to make 6 cups of popped popcorn.
- Make sure to toss the mix together gently while the chocolate is still warm. This will help the chocolate to evenly coat all of the ingredients and will ensure that the sprinkles stick.
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
This Christmas popcorn mix is perfect for sharing at holiday parties or as a fun and festive treat. Here are a few serving suggestions:
- Serve the popcorn mix in individual bowls or on a large platter.
- If you want to make this popcorn mix extra special or give it as a gift, try serving it in mason jars or cellophane bags.
- If you want to make this a vegan popcorn mix, simply use vegan candy and chocolate.
- If you’re looking for a healthier option, you can use air-popped popcorn and low-sugar candy.
One of the best thing about this quick and easy Christmas popcorn mix is that it's very customizable. Here are some ideas for substitutions:
- If you don’t have any candy wafers, you can use white chocolate or milk chocolate chips instead.
- If you want to add a bit more sweetness to the mix, you can drizzle some honey over the top before adding the sprinkles.
- If you want your mix to be extra crunchy, you can add some chopped nuts, such as peanuts or almonds.
- If you want to add a bit of spice to the mix, you can sprinkle in some ground cinnamon or nutmeg.
- You can easily make this a white chocolate peppermint popcorn mix by adding some crushed-up candy canes.
How To Store Leftovers
If you have any leftover popcorn mix, it can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. The mix is best served fresh but will keep if stored correctly for up to 2 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I make this popcorn mix ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make this mix ahead of time. Simply store it in an airtight container at room temperature and it will be fresh for up to 2 weeks.
Q: What can I use instead of candy wafers?
A: If you don’t have candy wafers, you can use white chocolate or milk chocolate chips instead.
Q: How can I make this a vegan popcorn mix?
A: If you want to make this a vegan popcorn mix, simply use vegan candy and chocolate.
Q: What are some other ways to customize this popcorn mix?
A: If you want to add a bit more sweetness to the mix, you can drizzle some honey over the top before adding the sprinkles. If you want your mix to be extra crunchy, you can add some chopped nuts, such as peanuts or almonds. If you want to add a bit of spice to the mix, you can sprinkle in some ground cinnamon or nutmeg. You can also easily make this a white chocolate peppermint popcorn mix by adding some crushed-up candy canes.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
Glass Mixing Bowls: These glass mixing bowls are super versatile. You can use them for mixing, storing, and serving. In this recipe, they can be used for serving the popcorn mix. The clear bowls will allow your guests to see all of the festive ingredients.
Nordic Ware Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet: This half-sheet pan is the perfect size for making a batch of Christmas popcorn mix. It’s also great for baking cookies, cakes, and other desserts.
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups And Spoons: This set of measuring cups and spoons is perfect for measuring out the ingredients for the Christmas popcorn mix. I like this set because it includes everything you need and is dishwasher safe.
Christmas Popcorn Mix With Pretzels
- 6 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1½ ounces pretzels
- ¼ cup M&Ms candy green and red
- ½ cup white candy melts
- 1 teaspoon green sprinkles
- 1 teaspoon red sprinkles
- Break half of the pretzels into smaller pieces.
- On a baking tray, spread out the popcorn and pretzels, then sprinkle the M&Ms over the top.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the candy wafers. You can do this by microwaving the candy wafers in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until they are melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the melted candy over the popcorn mixture.
- Sprinkle the sprinkles over the top.
- Toss everything together and then allow the mix to cool.
- Serve in your choice of bowl and enjoy!
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.
Leave a Reply