These delicious air fryer chicken meatballs are a quick and easy way to get your protein fix. They're flavored with parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and basil, and take only 8-10 minutes to cook in the air fryer. They're perfect for a quick snack or a light dinner.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
If you’re looking for an easy and tasty appetizer, look no further than these air fryer chicken meatballs. They’re made with just a few simple ingredients, including ground chicken, egg, panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and basil. And thanks to the air fryer, they cook up in just 8-10 minutes. So easy and delicious!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Looking for a delicious and healthy chicken meatballs recipe? Look no further than these air fryer chicken meatballs! These meatballs are made with ground chicken, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and egg, and they're cooked in the air fryer. They're perfect for a quick and easy dinner or snack.
Here are three reasons why you'll love this recipe:
- These chicken meatballs are healthy and nutritious. They're low in calories and fat, and they're packed with protein.
- These meatballs are easy to make. They only require a few simple ingredients, and they cook in the air fryer in just minutes.
- These chicken meatballs are delicious and flavorful. They're perfect for a quick and easy dinner or snack, and they're sure to please everyone's palate.
What You’ll Need To Make Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs
- Ground chicken: You’ll need 1 pound of ground chicken for this recipe. You can use ground turkey or ground beef in place of the chicken, if you prefer.
- Egg: One egg will bind the ingredients together and help to keep the meatballs moist.
- Panko breadcrumbs: Panko breadcrumbs are a type of Japanese breadcrumb that are larger and flakier than traditional breadcrumbs. They’re available in the Asian section of most supermarkets, or you can find them online.
- Parmesan cheese: You’ll need ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese for this recipe. Use freshly grated parmesan cheese if you have it available, as the pre-grated variety doesn’t have the same flavor.
- Garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and dried basil: These spices will give the chicken meatballs lots of flavor.
- Oil: This is optional, however, adding a few tablespoons of oil to the meatball mix will create delicious, moist meatballs.
- Salt and pepper: Season the meatballs to taste with salt and pepper.
To make these air fryer chicken meatballs, simply follow these simple steps:
Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.
Shape the mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
Place the meatballs in the air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd it.
Spray the meatballs lightly with cooking spray.
Air fry for 8-10 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
Remove the meatballs from the air fryer and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
These air fryer chicken meatballs are delicious on their own, or you can serve them with your favorite dipping sauce. Try serving them with a honey mustard sauce, a BBQ sauce, or a ranch dressing.
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake these chicken meatballs in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
If you’re looking for a gluten-free option, you can substitute the panko breadcrumbs for gluten-free breadcrumbs.
For a lower-carb option, you can omit the breadcrumbs altogether. The meatballs will be slightly less moist, but they will still be delicious.
How To Store Leftovers
These air fryer chicken meatballs will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
They can also be frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply thaw the meatballs overnight in the fridge and then reheat in the air fryer for a few minutes. You can also reheat them in the oven or in the microwave.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I make these meatballs ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can definitely make these meatballs ahead of time. Simply mix all of the ingredients together and shape the mixture into meatballs. Place the meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for 1-2 hours, or until solid. Once frozen, transfer the meatballs to a freezer-safe bag or container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Q: What’s the best way to reheat these meatballs?
A: The best way to reheat these meatballs is in the air fryer, as it will keep them nice and moist. However, you can also reheat them in the oven or in the microwave.
Q: How long should you cook chicken in an air fryer?
A: The cook time will depend on the size and thickness of the chicken. We recommend cooking these chicken meatballs for 8-10 minutes in an air fryer. If you’re not sure if the chicken is cooked through, we recommend using a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken to make sure that it’s cooked to at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Q: Can I make these meatballs without breadcrumbs?
A: Yes, you can definitely make these meatballs without breadcrumbs. The meatballs will be slightly less moist, but they will still be delicious.
Q: Can I substitute the ground chicken for ground turkey?
A: Yes, you can definitely substitute the ground chicken for ground turkey. The flavor will be slightly different, but the meatballs will still be delicious.
Q: Can I put raw chicken in an air fryer?
A: Yes, you can definitely put raw chicken in an air fryer. However, it’s important to make sure that the chicken is cooked all the way through before eating. We recommend using a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken to make sure that it’s cooked to at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
GoWISE USA 7-Quart Electric Air Fryer With Dehydrator: This is a great budget-friendly air fryer. It’s large enough to cook a big batch of chicken meatballs, and it also has a dehydrator function, which is awesome to have.
Glass Mixing Bowls: These glass mixing bowls are super versatile. You can use them for mixing, storing, and serving. In this recipe, you can use one of the larger bowls to mix the ingredients together to make the chicken meatballs.
Cuisinart 17-Inch Chef’s Classic Nonstick Bakeware Cookie Sheet: This cookie sheet is a great option when making chicken meatballs. The nonstick surface makes cleanup a breeze, and the large size is perfect for preparing a big batch of meatballs.
More Recipes You Might Like
Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- Place the meatballs in the air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd it.
- Spray the meatballs lightly with cooking spray.
- Air fry for 8-10 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Remove the meatballs from the air fryer and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.
Leave a Reply