Looking for a quick and easy snack? These air fryer pita chips are perfect! They're crunchy, salty, and delicious. Plus, they're so easy to make - you'll be whipping up a batch in no time! Pair with some hummus or your favorite dip, and you've got a tasty, healthy, homemade snack that everyone will love.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
Few things are more delicious than a freshly made batch of pita chips. Crispy, salty, and full of flavor, they're the perfect snack to enjoy with friends or family. And thanks to the air fryer, they're now easier than ever to make at home. Unlike traditional oven-baked chips, air fryer pita chips only take a few minutes to cook, and they come out perfectly crispy every time.
Best of all, this recipe is completely versatile - you can add any seasonings you like to customize the flavor. So whether you're a fan of classic sea salt or looking to spice things up with some chili powder, these air fryer pita chips are sure to hit the spot.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Looking for a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional fried chips? Look no further than this recipe for air fryer pita chips. Made with just a few simple ingredients, these chips are crispy, flavorful, and perfect for dipping.
Best of all, they can be made in minutes using an air fryer. So, whether you’re looking for a quick snack or an easy appetizer, these pita chips are sure to hit the spot. Here are just a few reasons why you’ll love this recipe:
- The air fryer cooks the chips quickly and evenly, resulting in a perfectly crispy product.
- You can customize the flavor of your chips by adding your favorite spices or herbs to the bread before frying.
- This is a healthier alternative to traditional fried chips, as they are cooked in less oil.
- Pita chips are perfect for dipping into your favorite sauces or spreads. So whether you’re enjoying them with hummus or ranch dressing, you’re sure to be satisfied.
What You’ll Need To Make Air Fryer Pita Chips
- Pita bread: You’ll need one or two pieces of pita bread per person to make this recipe. Make sure to choose a brand that is soft and fresh, as this will result in the best chips.
- Olive or avocado oil: A light coating of oil helps to give the chips a crispy texture. You can also use cooking spray if you’d like to cut down on the fat content.
- Seasonings: I like to season these pita chips with a blend of sea salt, pepper, dried basil, garlic powder, and onion powder. However, you can use any combination of spices or herbs that you like. Just make sure to adjust the amount based on your personal preferences.
Making air fryer pita chips is easy! Just follow these simple steps and you’ll have a delicious snack in no time.
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. If you don’t have an air fryer, you can use your oven instead (preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
Cut the pita bread into even strips or triangles. If you’re using a whole wheat pita, you may want to cut it into smaller pieces so that it cooks evenly.
Put the pita, oil, and seasonings in a large bowl and toss to coat.
Place the pita chips in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Make sure not to overcrowd the basket, as this will result in unevenly cooked chips.
Cook for 4-6 minutes, or until the chips are golden brown and crispy.
Serve immediately with your favorite dip.
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
These air fryer pita chips are delicious on their own or dipped in your favorite sauce or spread. Here are a few serving suggestions to get you started:
Enjoy them with a classic dipping sauce like hummus, tzatziki, or ranch dressing.
For a cream cheese-based dip, try serving them with a homemade roasted red pepper or spinach and artichoke dip.
If you’re looking for something a little lighter, enjoy them with a yogurt-based dip or sauce.
These chips are also delicious sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese or crumbled feta cheese.
If you don’t have pita bread, you can use another type of flatbread like naan or lavash.
If you can’t tolerate gluten, you can use a gluten-free pita or flatbread.
How To Store Leftovers
Leftover air fryer pita chips can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days. Alternatively, you can store them in the fridge for up to 1 week. However, please note that they will not be as crispy after being stored.
To reheat, simply place the chips in the air fryer for a few minutes or pop them in the oven until they’re crisp. You can also reheat them in the microwave, although this will result in a softer product.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are baked pita chips healthy?
A: Yes, they are! Baked pita chips are a healthier alternative to traditional fried chips as they are cooked in less oil.
Q: Can I make these chips without an air fryer?
A: Yes, you can! If you don’t have an air fryer, you can cook the pita chips in your oven. Just preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 4-6 minutes, or until golden brown.
Q: What is the best way to store leftovers?
A: Leftover air fryer pita chips can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days. Alternatively, you can store them in the fridge for up to 1 week. However, please note that they will not be as crispy after being stored.
Q: How can I reheat these chips?
A: To reheat, simply place the chips in the air fryer for a few minutes or pop them in the oven until they’re crisp. You can also reheat them in the microwave, although this will result in a softer product.
Q: What are some other good flavor ideas if I don't want to make garlic and basil pita chips?
A: Cinnamon sugar, parmesan cheese, and everything bagel are all great flavor ideas for pita chips! Just make sure to adjust the amount of seasoning based on your personal preferences.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
GoWISE USA 7-Quart Electric Air Fryer With Dehydrator: This is a great budget-friendly air fryer. It’s large enough to cook a big batch of pita chips, and it has a dehydrator function, which is awesome to have.
Glass Mixing Bowls: These glass mixing bowls are super versatile. You can use them for mixing, storing, and serving. In this recipe, you can use one of the larger bowls to toss your pita bread triangles in the oil and seasoning mix.
8-Inch Kitchen Knife: You’ll need a sharp knife for cutting the pita into triangles. This 8-inch kitchen knife by Paudin is a great choice.
More Recipes You Might Like
Air Fryer Pita Chips
- 4 pita bread
- 2 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the pita bread into even strips or triangles.
- Put the pita, oil, and seasonings in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Place the pita chips in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Make sure not to overcrowd the basket, as this will result in unevenly cooked chips.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes, or until the chips are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dip.
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.