This brown sugar honey glazed carrots recipe is the perfect side dish for any meal. The carrots are first tossed in a brown sugar and honey mixture then roasted in the oven to bring out their natural sweetness. The sticky glaze also pairs well with savory meats, making this an ideal dish for entertaining.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
There's something special about brown sugar honey glazed carrots. They're the perfect side dish for any meal, and they're so easy to make.
The key to making these carrots is to get the right balance of sweetness and savoriness. That's why we've added a touch of brown sugar and honey to our recipe. These two ingredients work together to create a delicious glaze that will complement the natural flavors of the carrots.
So if you're looking for a new side dish to try, or if you just want to impress your guests with your cooking skills, give this recipe a try. We guarantee you won't be disappointed.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Introducing brown sugar honey glazed carrots! If you're looking for a delicious and easy way to dress up your carrots, look no further than this brown sugar honey glazed carrots recipe. The combination of brown sugar and honey five the carrots a lovely sweetness, while a little salt adds a touch of savory flavor. This recipe is sure to become a new family favorite. Here are a few reasons why you'll love it:
- The brown sugar and honey give the carrots a sweet and savory flavor that is absolutely delicious.
- This recipe is super easy to make and only takes a few minutes to prepare.
- It's a healthy and nutritious side dish that the whole family will enjoy.
So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
What You’ll Need To Make Brown Sugar Honey Glazed Carrots
Carrots: Look for carrots that are crisp and firm. Avoid carrots that are limp or bruised. I like to use carrots with the green tops attached for this recipe as I feel like it makes the dish look a little fancy.
Brown sugar: You can use light or dark brown sugar in this recipe. I prefer to use light brown sugar as it has a slightly milder flavor.
Honey: Any type of honey will work for this recipe. I like to use nice clover honey for honey-glazed carrots as it has a delicate flavor that pairs well with the carrots.
Butter: You can use salted or unsalted butter for this recipe. If you're using butter, you may want to adjust the salt accordingly.
Salt and pepper: Just a touch of salt and pepper is all you need to bring out the flavors.
Parsley (to garnish): This is optional, but I like to garnish my carrots with some chopped flat leaf parsley for a pop of color.
Making brown sugar honey-glazed carrots is super easy. Just follow these simple steps and you'll have a delicious side dish in no time.
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Wash and peel the carrots and cut the green tops so they’re about 1-inch long.
Step 3: Place the carrots in a rectangular baking dish in a single layer.
Step 4: Sprinkle the brown sugar, cubed butter, and salt and pepper over the carrots then drizzle the honey over the top.
Step 5: Place the dish in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the carrots are fork tender and the glaze is bubbly and golden brown. Brush the carrots with the glaze 1-2 times during cooking.
Step 6: Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Recipe Tips And Tricks
If you're looking for a way to dress up your carrots, try adding some chopped nuts or dried fruit to the recipe. Some good options include chopped pecans, almonds, or dried cranberries.
If you're short on time, you can pre-cook the carrots in a microwave-safe dish for 5-7 minutes before adding the glaze and putting them in the oven. This will speed up the overall cook time.
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
Brown sugar honey-glazed carrots make a delicious and easy side dish for any meal. Here are a few ideas of what to serve them with:
- Grilled chicken breasts
- Roasted salmon
- Steakhouse steak burgers
- Baked potatoes
- Green beans
This is an easy dish to customize to your liking. Here are some ideas for substitutions:
- Try using different types of honey for a different flavor. I like to use clover honey, but you could also try using wildflower honey or orange blossom honey.
- If you don't have brown sugar, you could also try using white sugar or raw sugar. The flavor will be slightly different, but it will still be delicious.
- If you want a little more savory flavor, try adding some chopped fresh thyme or rosemary to the recipe. For a spicy option, try this honey harissa roasted carrots recipe.
How To Store Leftovers
Leftover brown sugar honey-glazed carrots can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the oven or in the microwave before serving.
This recipe can also be frozen for up to 3 months. The texture of the carrots will be a bit softer once they're frozen and reheated, but they will still be delicious.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use baby carrots. Just be sure to wash them well before cooking them. You may need to cook them for a shorter amount of time if they're small enough.
You can use white sugar or raw sugar in place of the brown sugar, but the flavor will be slightly different.
You can use any type of honey you like. I like to use clover honey, but wildflower honey or orange blossom honey would also be delicious.
To make this recipe vegan, you can use a vegan butter substitute and swap the honey for a vegan-friendly sweetener such as maple syrup. The carrots will still be delicious.
Yes, you can make this recipe the day before you plan to serve it. Just store the carrots in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving.
Leftover glazed carrots will last in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
Staub Ceramic Baking Dish: This is my favorite baking dish. It’s the perfect size for making brown sugar honey glazed carrots and it looks beautiful as a serving dish too.
Vegetable Peeler: A good vegetable peeler is a kitchen essential. I like this one because it’s comfortable to hold and it peels carrots easily.
Wusthof Chef’s Knife: A sharp chef’s knife is a kitchen must-have and this is the one that I use every day. It’s perfect for chopping carrots.
Brown Sugar Honey Glazed Carrots
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- parsley to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and peel the carrots and cut the green tops so they’re about 1-inch long.
- Place the carrots in a rectangular baking dish in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar, cubed butter, and salt and pepper over the carrots then drizzle the honey over the top.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the carrots are fork tender and the glaze is bubbly and golden brown. Brush the carrots with the glaze 1-2 times during cooking.
- Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.