This roasted tenderstem broccoli recipe is a simple and delicious way to enjoy this healthy vegetable. The broccoli is roasted in the oven with a little oil and garlic, until it is tender and slightly browned. The result is a flavorful and nutritious dish that can be enjoyed as a side or main course. This recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household. Give it a try today!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
Looking for a delicious and healthy side dish? Look no further than roasted tenderstem broccoli! This recipe is simple to make and only requires a few ingredients. Plus, roasted broccoli is packed with nutrients and makes a great addition to any meal.
To make roasted tenderstem broccoli, simply trim the ends off of the broccoli and toss it with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then sprinkle some finely sliced garlic on top and roast in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes.
The result is perfectly roasted broccoli that is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. So why not give this roasted tenderstem broccoli recipe a try today? You're sure to love it!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Looking for a delicious and healthy side dish? Try roasted tenderstem broccoli! This recipe is simple to make and only requires a few ingredients. Plus, roasted tenderstem broccoli is packed with nutrients and is a great way to get your daily dose of greens. Here are three reasons why you'll love this recipe:
- Roasted tenderstem broccoli is super versatile - it can be enjoyed on its own or added to other dishes like pasta or rice.
- This recipe is healthy and low in calories - perfect for those watching their weight or trying to eat more healthfully.
- Roasted tenderstem broccoli is full of flavor - the perfect balance of garlicky, slightly salty, and slightly spicy.
So go ahead and give this recipe a try - your taste buds will thank you!
What You’ll Need To Make Roasted Tenderstem Broccoli
Tenderstem broccoli: Also known as broccolini, this veggie is a cross between broccoli and Chinese kale. It has a long, thin stalk with small green florets on the end. You can usually find tenderstem broccoli in the produce section of your local grocery store.
Olive oil: Used to coat the broccoli and help it roast evenly in the oven.
Garlic: Adds flavor to the dish. You can use fresh or pre-peeled garlic cloves for this recipe. Slice them thinly and scatter over the broccolini before putting them in the over.
Salt and pepper: To taste.
This roasted tenderstem broccoli recipe is super easy to make and only requires a few simple steps. Follow these instructions and you'll have perfectly roasted broccoli in no time.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Wash and dry the broccoli, then trim the ends off of the broccoli and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Step 3: Finely slice the garlic cloves.
Step 4: Place the broccoli on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands to toss the broccoli until it is evenly coated with oil.
Step 5: Season the broccoli with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 6: Roast in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender and slightly browned.
Step 7: Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Recipe Tips And Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the perfect roasted tenderstem broccoli:
- Try not to overcrowd the baking sheet - this will help the broccoli roast evenly.
- If you want extra crispy broccoli, roast it for a few minutes longer. Just keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.
- If you're not a fan of garlic, you can omit it from the recipe. The broccoli will still be delicious!
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a larger crowd.
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
Here are a few serving suggestions for roasted tenderstem broccoli:
- Enjoy it on its own as a light and healthy side dish.
- Add it to your favorite pasta or rice dish for a flavor and nutrient boost.
- Top it with shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, or crumbled bacon for a heartier meal.
- This recipe is also easily customized to suit your taste. Try substituting the garlic for other herbs and spices like rosemary or thyme. You could also add a squeeze of lemon juice or a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese before serving.
No matter how you enjoy it, this roasted tenderstem broccoli recipe is sure to please!
How To Store Leftovers
Leftover roasted tenderstem broccoli can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven, air fryer, or microwave before serving.
You can also freeze leftover tenderstem broccoli, but it will impact the texture and they'll be a bit squishy when reheated. To freeze, place in a freezer-safe bag or container and store for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do you cook the stems of tenderstem broccoli?
A: Yes, the stems are edible and can be roasted along with the florets. Just trim off the ends and cut them into bite-sized pieces before roasting.
Q: How do you know when tenderstem broccoli is done?
A: The broccoli is ready when it is tender and slightly browned. Cook it for a few minutes longer if you prefer it extra crispy.
Q: What can I use instead of tenderstem broccoli?
A: If you can't find tenderstem broccoli, you can substitute regular broccoli. The cooking time may need to be adjusted depending on the size and thickness of the stems.
Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
A: Yes, although it's best enjoyed fresh, you can roast the broccoli up to 3 days in advance. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you're ready to enjoy.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
8-Inch Kitchen Knife: You’ll need a sharp knife for cutting the ends off the tenderstem broccoli. This 8-inch kitchen knife by Paudin is a great choice.
Nordic Ware Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet: This half-sheet pan is the perfect size for roasting the tenderstem broccoli and garlic. It’s also great for baking cookies, cakes, and other desserts.
Sweese Oval Serving Platters: These beautiful oval platters are perfect for serving the roasted tenderstem broccoli and garlic. They're also great for salads, appetizers, and main dishes.
Roasted Tenderstem Broccoli (Broccolini)
- 12 ounces tenderstem broccoli
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and dry the broccoli, then trim the ends off of the broccoli and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Finely slice the garlic cloves and set them aside
- Place the broccoli on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands to toss the broccoli until it is evenly coated with oil.
- Season the broccoli with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.