Air fryer brie bites with cranberry sauce and chopped pecans are the perfect holiday appetizer! The soft and creamy brie pairs perfectly with the tartness of cranberry sauce and the crunchy pecans and the pre-made phyllo shells make these bite-sized appetizers super easy to make. These bites are sure to be a hit at your next holiday gathering!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission on purchases and/or clicks (at no extra cost to you). Please read our full disclosure here.
This holiday season, treat your guests to a festive appetizer that is sure to please. These air fryer brie bites are made with rich and creamy brie cheese, tart cranberry sauce, and crunchy chopped pecans served inside a crispy phyllo shell.
The perfect bite-sized treat, they can be enjoyed on their own or served with a crusty baguette. For an extra special touch, top each bite with a sprig of rosemary or thyme.
Whether you are entertaining a large crowd or simply looking for a delicious snack, these brie bites are sure to be a hit!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Brie is a soft, creamy cheese that is delicious on its own or paired with fruit or crackers. And when it's air fried, it's even more irresistible! These brie bites are made from pre-cooked phyllo shells filled with a combination of brie, cranberry orange sauce, and topped with crunchy pecans. They're perfect for entertaining since they can be served warm or at room temperature. Here are four reasons why you'll love this recipe:
- The air fryer gives the phyllo shells a perfectly crisp exterior while the brie retains its soft, gooey center.
- The delicious tart cranberry sauce is a flavorful addition that takes these brie bites to the next level.
- They can be made ahead of time and reheated in the air fryer before serving.
- They're perfect for entertaining since they can be served warm or at room temperature.
What You’ll Need To Make Air Fryer Brie Bites
Brie: This recipe is perfect for using up leftover brie. You'll need about 4-5 ounces for these brie bites. If you can't find brie, you can also use Camembert cheese.
Cranberry sauce: You can use store-bought or homemade cranberry sauce for this recipe. I prefer to use a homemade cranberry sauce and highly recommend this recipe for cranberry sauce made with orange juice.
Phyllo shells: These can be found in the freezer section of your grocery store. I like to use Athens brand phyllo shells.
Pecans: These are optional, but I think they add a nice crunch. You can also use walnuts, almonds, or pistachios.
Why Use Phyllo Shells?
I like to use phyllo shells for this recipe because they are an easy way to make bite-sized appetizers. They're pre-cooked so you can simply add your filling and heat them up.
They're also a great choice when making brie bites in the air fryer as they will hold their shape on their own. This means that you don't need a muffin pan to create the shells as you would if trying to make shells from puff pastry or crescent roll dough.
Making these air fryer brie bites with cranberry sauce is quick and easy. Simply fill the phyllo shells with brie and cranberry sauce and top with chopped pecans. Here are step-by-step instructions for how to make them:
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Fill each phyllo shell with a small piece of brie cheese and cook in the air fryer for 4-5 minutes or until the brie has melted.
Step 3: Top with ½ to 1 teaspoon of cranberry sauce and chopped pecans and return to the air fryer for a further 1-2 minutes to heat through.
Step 4: Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Tips And Tricks
- If you can't find phyllo shells, you could also use puff pastry or wonton wrappers.
- Don't overfill the phyllo shells or they may overflow while cooking.
- The brie bites can be made ahead of time and reheated in the air fryer before serving.
- If you don't have an air fryer, you could also bake the brie bites in a preheated 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Serving Suggestions And Substitutions
These air fryer brie bites with cranberry sauce are delicious on their own or served with a crusty baguette. For an extra special touch, top each bite with a sprig of rosemary or thyme.
If you don't have cranberry sauce, you could also use raspberry jam, fig preserve, or pepper jelly.
For a nut-free version, simply omit the pecans or substitute them with sunflower seeds.
How To Store Leftovers
These brie bites are best enjoyed fresh, but leftover brie bites can also be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I make these brie bites ahead of time?
A: Yes, these brie bites can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
Q: Can I use a different type of cheese?
A: You could use a different type of cheese, but brie or Camembert are both good choices because they have a soft, gooey center that pairs well with the cranberry sauce.
Q: Can I use a different type of nut?
A: Yes, you can use a different type of nut or omit them altogether.
Q: Can I bake these brie bites instead of using an air fryer?
A: Yes, you could bake these brie bites in a preheated 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Tools And Equipment For This Recipe
GoWISE USA 7-Quart Electric Air Fryer With Dehydrator: This is a great budget-friendly air fryer. It has plenty of space for making brie bites and is perfect for this recipe.
Wooden Cheese Board: This is the perfect size board for serving these air fryer brie bites. It’s also great for serving a variety of other cheeses and appetizers.
8-Inch Kitchen Knife: You’ll need a sharp knife for cutting the brie into pieces. This 8-inch kitchen knife by Paudin is a great choice.
Air Fryer Brie Bites With Cranberry Sauce
- 15 phyllo shells
- 4 ounces brie
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- Preheat the air fryer to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fill each phyllo shell with a small piece of brie cheese and cook in the air fryer for 4-5 minutes or until the brie has melted.
- Top with ½ to 1 teaspoon of cranberry sauce and chopped pecans and return to the air fryer for a further 1-2 minutes to heat through.
* Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary based on brands of ingredients used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.